Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Global Draw Objects working intermittently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Draw Objects working intermittently?

Hello. I am trying to set up drawings to populate on all charts. I have set up two data series on this chart, One for TSLA and one for SPY (TSLA is the primary, though lines default to SPY for some reason). TSLA is set to allow Global Drawing objects in the Data Series Menu for chart. SPY is not set to global. I have attached a pic of global drawings that are working and those that are not on the same chart panel.

The line at 557.65 is working Globally (red line in pic) even as new drawings added to the chart disappear when changed to global (shown in pic as orphan price labels). NT8 gives a warning (attached) that the data series is not set to global (even though it is in the chart data series settings) and that these new lines will not be visible if set to Global. The Lines missing at 55.92 549.51, 548.77, and 496.63 were changed to global despite this warning and are only only showing because of a separate horizontal line label addon. These "hidden" lines do not show up in the drawings manager (pic attached) and essentially do not exist (cannot be found again for deletion or changes) unless this line label addon is enabled, and then you can only see where they are and cannot delete or modify them.

Also, once drawn, Local only lines will occasionally also auto unselect themselves as soon as they are selected making them impossible to delete, but still show on the chart, but also NOT show on the drawings manager. Attached pic shows Right click menu for line at 557.65 with Line at 539.49 not showing up in the list of all drawings to the left.

Is there more than one place that global drawings can be selected for an instrument or chart? All lines above have been double checked to make sure that they are associated with the TSLA data series and not the secondary series. I have removed custom indicators from chart and this still happens. Restart does not help.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

If you turn Global Drawing Objects back on for the SPY, do the missing lines return?

I look forward to your reply.

Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me. No, that doesn't do it, but F5 refresh brings them back. If I double click the line, it opens up the Drawings Menu (where they aren't listed). Then I have to click cancel on that, then the delete button and they go away, temporarily. Single clicking them doesn't work as they immediately deselect themselves. The problem now is, they come back every time I press F5. I believe it was possibly related to the indicator that would label them. I have removed that indicator from the chart, but these ghosts still remain. Any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I do not experience the same behavior, but would like to do some testing with your workspace to see if I can replicate this so I may report it to our development team.

Please send me your workspace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Expand the 'other' section and check 'Workspace files and UI settings' and ' Log and trace files'.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: ATTN Melissa 2474661

I look forward to resolving your inquiry.

Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

files sent. Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM