Upgrade does not execute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade does not execute

After upgrading to this latest version, NT8 does not execute when I click on the NT8 icon even after restarting my PC. How do I go back to the previous WORKING version?

Wilson

The latest version of NinjaTrader 8 as of 2 August 2018 is 8.0.15.1. This version is working without issue. We need to learn more about your specific installation of NinjaTrader to find out why you're experiencing what you've reported.

Does literally nothing occur? Or do you see windows pop up but then disappear? Does the same symptom occur if you try from both shortcuts (32-bit and 64-bit)?

Do any messages/errors appear when you attempt to start NinjaTrader? If so, what do they report?

Comment

"This version is working without issue." What you really mean is we have not yet seen any issue, correct. You imply my issue is not real.

Literally nothing occurs, no pop-ups, no messages.

I re-downloaded the *.msi file and now get a warning message:
      1: The following applications are preventing the installer co continue. Please close them and try again.
      ...then the installation terminates.

Please note that NT8 was working without issue prior to my attempt to upgrade.

If I go to C: Windows > Program Files (x86) > Ninjatrader8 > bin and create a desktop shortcut for the Ninjatrader.exe the 32 bit version starts. This is my previous 8.0.14.2 version.

All of this began when I downloaded and executed -successfully- this last version update.

Comment

I did not mean to imply that what you're experiencing is not real. I meant to inform you that not all clients who have upgraded are experiencing this issue and I cannot replicate it on our end, so we would need more specific information from your end to proceed. I apologize for any misunderstanding.

Please clarify - you've confirmed the version that you're able to successfully open is 8.0.14.2 by going to the Control Center > Help > About?

If the executable file opens 8.0.14.2, this means that the installation of the update did not complete successfully for an unknown reason.

Follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader as a troubleshooting step (this will not remove any of your custom files or settings):
        • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
        • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
        • Reboot your PC.
        • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below:
        • http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • (if you need to enter a license key here but don't have yours on hand, use this key: @SIM-A82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952)

Please let me know if the issue persists.

Comment

The version that starts-up is the 32-bit version of 8.0.14.2.

When I attempt to uninstall NT8 from the control panel I again get the same message:

1: The following applications are preventing the installer to continue. Please close them and try again.

So I'm unable to remove this version that has no 64-bit program.

Comment

Does it mention what program is preventing the uninstall? Is NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8 open? Does this persist if your restart your PC and do not open any other programs before attempting to follow the uninstall/reinstall steps?

Comment

No and I have not changed, added or removed any programs.

A few weeks ago one of the NT techs logged in to my PC and changed my file structure around relating to my one drive requiring a senior level tech to log back in to my PC to correct things.

Since then my NT8 has been working without issue until I upgraded to this last version as a result of the pop-up notice when I opened my NT8 this morning.

Comment

It is unclear to me if your last post answers any of my questions from post #6.

At this point, I think it would be best for you to write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we can assist you more directly.

Make sure to include a brief description of the issue and a link to this forum thread in your email.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jaybedreamin  
                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DJ888