Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZOrder Type for Price Chart

Dear Support,

Currently there is a ZOrder Type for Drawing Tools and ZOrder for indicators, but none for the a price chart, especially when overlaying two or more time frames (i.e. 1m, 5m, 30m, etc.).

I can normally change the ZOrder on a multi time frame chart by simply holding the shift key and use mouse to scroll to desired ZOrder.

I am looking for a way to assign a ZOrder priority for the price chart to simply plot first, last, or normal by default. Is there a way to do that?

Perhaps, can add a ZOrder priority option under chart Data Series properties for the price chart itself.

Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Z Order allies to all objects on the chart, including the Data Series. You can select the Data Series by clicking a candlestick and SHIFT+ scrolling to change it's Z position.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Marco View Post
      Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Z Order allies to all objects on the chart, including the Data Series. You can select the Data Series by clicking a candlestick and SHIFT+ scrolling to change it's Z position.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
      Thank you Marco,

As I already noted in my 1st post, I know and am doing what you described. I am looking for a way to assign ZOrder for Data Series to load by default in a certain Z position without having to go back and use SHIFT-scrolling.

For example, I can set the ZOrder() = 0 or 999 for an indicator to show first or last when plotted. But, I know of no default ZOrder method for Multi Data Series' overlay other than SHIFT-scrolling after they have been plotted.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately there is no setting available to set the default z-order of the Data Serie but thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please add my vote for this....I've been wondering for some time if there's a way to "lock" The Z-order for the data series so it always stays at the top of all indicators and drawing tools

Comment

On the same point.....like locking the data series to the 1st position (top) of Z-Order, it would be great if we could choose which indicator to "lock" by default to the very bottom of Z-Order so it's at the back or behind all other indicators and drawing tools. Example would be the VWAP Bands which can be very wide at times, covering a lot of chart bars and indicators etc. Such an option would prevent having to adjust Z-Order every time chart is reloaded for whatever reason

Comment

Originally posted by TraderYoda View Post
              On the same point.....like locking the data series to the 1st position (top) of Z-Order, it would be great if we could choose which indicator to "lock" by default to the very bottom of Z-Order so it's at the back or behind all other indicators and drawing tools. Example would be the VWAP Bands which can be very wide at times, covering a lot of chart bars and indicators etc. Such an option would prevent having to adjust Z-Order every time chart is reloaded for whatever reason
              Yoda, Hi.

ZOrder for indicators and Drawing Tools is no issue. You can edit the indicators or Drawing Tools to lock them in a certain position.

For example, as I understand it, you can edit an indicator to plot in its own ZOrder by simply adding the following line under the State.Defaults:

SetZOrder (-1);

This will plot the indicator behind the bars, or:

SetZOrder (-8);

will plot behind 7 other indicators and the bars.

The higher the number the closer to the front. The following will plot in front of everything:

SetZOrder (int.MaxValue);

Perhaps, you can similarly program your Drawing Tools to do the same. Or, maybe use the following to plot normal, first, or last:

// always draw this last
              ZOrderType = DrawingToolZOrder.AlwaysDrawnLast;

However, this fix does not apply to Data Series if you have more than one Data Series' plotted in the same panel. For example, if you plot a 5 min candle chart then plot a 30m Box chart in the same panel. The 30m Box will cover the 5m candle.

Cheers!
              Last edited by aligator; 03-27-2020, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-529. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

Hi. Just posting to add my vote for this feature.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,

Your vote for SFT-529 has been added.

Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Hi,

my vote as well. I would like to write a simple script that sets the data series always on top. Maybe this would even be worth a setting with a checkbox in the data series settings.

Thanks

Comment

Hello seykool,

Thanks for your note.

Your vote had been added to SFT-529. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

Let us know if we may assist further.
                        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Put my vote in on this feature as well, a script to always have the default data series at the most recent ZOrder, as seykool has noted in his post a default to each data series is a great idea, or at least object exposed to the current data series' bars objects to be able to set the Zorder as a script separately.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                          Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:13 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB