Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Drawing objects per symbol (clarification)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing objects per symbol (clarification)

Hi,

I've noted that over time, I build up a large amount of redundant drawing objects, which surely zap performance....

Today, I noticed that a lot of the redundant ones are actually not even for the symbol on my charts! For instance, a lot of my charts I switched to YM, but the drawing objects from NQ are still there and plotted on the YM chart (they are in the drawing objects list). To me, this makes no sense as the scales are too different to make the drawing objects of any relevance. I'd noticed this issue before when custom volume profiles would appear on regions of the chart for a symbol where I had them on another symbol before.

What is the official behaviour here? It seems that if I put a drawing object, a line (maybe it needs to be global, not sure), on a chart, and change the symbol to something else, I would not expect that object to be there (especially as in the drawing objects list, it is defined as @NQ All charts' but has now changed to YM), but now I am on YM, and there they all are... I see no logic in this, but perhaps you could advise.

Example in attached pic.

Thanks.

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your note.

I would not expect a drawing object set on one instrument's chart (or globally drawn to all charts of that instrument) to be drawn onto the chart with other instruments as well. It appears you may be using third party items on this chart, are any of them creating these line objects automatically? Do you experience the same if you use a basic chart with no third party items?

In the attached screenshot, this specific line drawing object was originally set to NQ (all charts) as a global object?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hello,

Yes, I am using third party objects, but to illustrate, and discount that, the object in question was from the nt included arrow drawing tool and I confirm it was drawn on the NQ chart.The arrow was manually drawn on the chart. The symbol (using the same chart window) is then changed to YM, but the object is still in the drawing objects list for that chart. Yes, the same is replicated across all my charts, even the ones with a simple 1 minute series and NO indicators at all. This was noticed mainly by the fact I switched from NQ to YM for a while, though as I said, I have noted it before with composite volume profiles showing up in place over charts where I did not draw them! (they were drawn on nq for example, and I flicked to es, for example). Are drawing objects exclusive to the symbol they were drawn on (and not the chart). It seems not...

Comment

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your reply.

Does the same occur in Safe Mode?

So we can further diagnose your system, please start NinjaTrader in Safe Mode.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
        • Loading workspaces.
        • Connecting on start-up.
        • Loading custom assemblies.
        • Getting instrument updates from the server.
        To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
        • Exit NinjaTrader.
        • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
        • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center
        • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
        Once in Safe Mode, please connect and create a new chart. Place some drawing objects, set them to Global Drawings, then switch Instruments.

Do you experience the same?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to your reply.
        Sergey S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
        Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes