Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

avoid slippage

hi there:
    how to set up on chart trader to avoild the slippage by 1 tick by using stop order? thanks

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

To avoid slippage on a stop order, you would likely want to use a stop limit order with no offset, meaning the stop price and the limit price are the same.

To enable a 0 tick offset be default, right click the chart trader and select 'properties'. Then enable 'predefined stop limit offset' and set this to 0.

Also be sure you are aware of the risks of using stop limit vs. stop market orders as protective exit orders.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post
      Hello,

Thanks for posting.

To avoid slippage on a stop order, you would likely want to use a stop limit order with no offset, meaning the stop price and the limit price are the same.

To enable a 0 tick offset be default, right click the chart trader and select 'properties'. Then enable 'predefined stop limit offset' and set this to 0.

Also be sure you are aware of the risks of using stop limit vs. stop market orders as protective exit orders.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
      Hello Ryan

is this solution also to be used when using ATM Stop Limit Order ( ATM > Strategy paramters > More > checkmarking " Stop limit for stop loss" )?

Thank you very much in advance

Lobo

Comment

Hello Lobo,

No. When this option is checked, the stop loss uses a built in offset of 20 ticks which can't be changed.

Please feel free to post any additional questions you may have.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much Jason ,

do you recommend any other way of reducing slippage to a minimum , assuming one wants to use ATM ?

Instrument M2K (10 Tick = 1 Handle = 1 USD just to be sure ) ..... I yesterday used an ATM Strategy with SL 15 Tick
          and a TP with 7 Tick , Stop Loss standard ( so a Stop Market order ) .

The SL was hit and the fill happened 12 Tick below the target SL , my total loss therefore was 27 Tick .

7 Tick profit Target vs SL 15 Tick and in addition either 12 Tick in my example of a stop market order or
          allowing 20 Tick for a Stop Limit is in my special case not as competitive .

Would you recommend any other way to limit my potential losses .... like to slippage < 5 Ticks .... and still
          use an automated stop management ? Could a NT8 Strategy be a way out ? Like , I add the order manually ie with
          the DOM but than a strategy takes control ?

Thanks in advance
          Lobo

Comment

You could submit a stop limit order manually with an offset you like that acts as a stop loss. Submit a limit order that acts as profit target. You can submit them as OCO by enabling "OCO Order" from the right click menu. Make sure to disable "OCO Order" after you submitted the stop limit and limit order. If you don't do this, you will experience unexpected results as all subsequent orders are then submitted with the same OCO ID.

Please note that the NinjaTrader platform does not have any control on the execution of live orders. Once orders have an Accepted or Working status, they reside at the exchange and will execute as per market dynamics. If you had submitted the stop loss with an offset of 5 for yesterday's trade, the market would have traded through your stop loss order for even further potential losses.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by alifarahani, 04-19-2024, 09:40 AM
            8 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post alifarahani  
            Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes