Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer column labels not working NT 8.0.15.1

Hello Support

I updated to NT 8.0.15.1 today and now my Market Analyzer column lables have defaulted to the indicator default names and not what is saved in my templates and workspaces??

Whats happening?

Hello TraderYoda,

Thanks for the post.

I tested this but was unable to reproduce the error. You will have to relabel whatever you edited in the older version to restore the original. To be specific, I tested with the label that you add through right click>Add Label as well as the label for columns.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've gone back to 8.0.14.2

No more problem!

I also noticed with NT 8.0.15.1 if I added an indicator to my chart in the workspace, then the indicator did not appear in the chart indicator list menu?

When I reverted back to NT 8.0.14.2 , the problem was gone and the indicator reappeared in the chart indicator menu

I'll stay with version 8.0.14.2 for now

Comment

Hello TraderYoda,

Thanks for the follow-up.

If you do see issues with upgrading, we will need to do a remote support session for me to find the issue. I recommend staying up to date. If you do decide to upgrade and see the same thing, please email us by going to Help>Email support and paste this forum link in the body of the email so it gets to me.

Comment

I'm seeing the same 8.0.15.1 Market Analyzer column label behavior as TraderYoda. I renamed all indicator column labels back to original, except for one column label that refuses and prefers instead to display the indicator name. No problem with column labels that are not set up as indicators.

Comment

Hello All,

Our product management team is looking into this issue. I will update this thread once I have more information.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Upgraded to 8.0.15.1 64-bit today and I am seeing the exact same problem in terms of the MA column labels resetting in all of my existing Templates.

Comment

Hello All,

Thanks for your patience with this item.

Users that upgrade from R14 to R15 have been seeing this come up in their Market Analyzer columns. The solutions for those who have experienced this is to delete and re-add the columns that are affected.

Edit:

Unfortunately, the only way to work around this issue is to re-edit the affected columns and save your templates. There is a way to do this by editing the XML file of the Market Analyzer template, do this at your own risk:

Open the template xml and find every case of a <Column> tag which contains a <IndicatorInstance> tag which has a different Name property than the <Column> tag it resides in and copy over the name from the Column section. In R14 these are different and in R15 they are the same.

Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChrisL; 08-14-2018, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Hello Support,

I'm seriously frustrated with your approach to this issue!

This is the second time (that I'm aware of) that you have caused a lot of painstaking Market Analyser work for Ninjatrader users after an update!

The first was - https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d.php?t=104291

I have a lot of Market Analyzer templates with a LOT of columns that I would need to change AGAIN!

I asked for feature requests (indicator templates and Market Analyser column templates) that would help with this frustrating time consuming problem back in APRIL 2017 but like the majority of feature requests, they are still buried in the "Graveyard" of feature requests! Request ID SFT-2178 and SFT-2180

Surely the professional approach from a design point of view, would be for Ninjatrader to fix such "Bugs" instead of passing the painstaking long-winded workaround onto it's users!

This is similar to the "generic" response of "rebuild your workspace" when issues arise!

Sorry for the rant but why create such situations for your users?

I have reinstalled version 8.0.15.1 and deleted 3 indicator columns and then recreated the columns - only one has worked - the other 2 column labels won't change to the custom name I create - they still revert back to the default indicator name??

Do you have any other suggestions or should I revert back to NT 8.0.14.2 and wait for future updates?

Comment

Hello TraderYoda,

Thanks for the reply. We are currently looking into a workaround for this to avoid needing to reload then re-save your template.

I will update this thread once I have more information.

Comment

Has there been any progress on this? I have a chart-based indicator in which I have implemented transparent plots so that these fields can be pulled into the Market Analyzer. Everything worked perfectly up until 18.0.15.1.

I have tried editing my existing MA templates as well as creating new MA templates....no matter what I do the custom column labels I assign will not stick.

Comment

Hello, all.

After I have done some testing, the only workaround for this issue is to edit the .xml template file for the market analyzer, but that would need to be done at your own risk. The problem has been reported and will be fixed in future updates.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
                          Hello, all.

After I have done some testing, the only workaround for this issue is to edit the .xml template file for the market analyzer, but that would need to be done at your own risk. The problem has been reported and will be fixed in future updates.

Hello Support,

Do you have an example of how we could "edit the .xml template file for the market analyzer" as a short term workaround?

I personally know nothing about programming but if it's just editing some text....I can do that!

Comment

Hello TraderYoda,

Thanks for the reply.

First, look at your market analyzer and note all of the labels that need changing. If the label is called "SMA on 1 minute data", make sure you copy that exact string. After this, shut down NinjaTrader.

go to the following directory:

Code:
                            ..\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\MarketAnalyzer
                            and open up the affected template in a text editor (I recommend Visual Studio Code).

When you have the template opened, find every instance of the label string, "SMA on 1 minute data" and change them to the desired name, like "My SMA". After this, open up NinjaTrader again and reload the templates. This is an unsupported method, so make a backup of your template file before editing it.

Comment

I don't have this problem specifically in Market Analyzer but have experienced some curiously similar issues wrt Indicator name labels.
                              I observed this, and fed back to Ninjatrader. As far as I am aware it was not looked into.
                              These things have a tendency to come back and bite, and I recently reported similar 'curious' behaviour with Indicators in DOMs.
                              I share TraderYoda's frustrations with Ninjatrader's responses to such problems, denials and the sheer amount of work this puts on users. I deliberately did not join the Beta-testing programme, but appears I did so inadvertently.

When I started to switch to NT8, in NT7 I had always removed Labels, because this was the only way of 'turning them off' from appearing at the top of the chart. Because I (had to) used many indicators to give platform functionality it would otherwise have had a short novel appearing at the top of every chart.

When I set about using NT8, I similarly removed all Labels. I found some strange behaviour which after many hours spent I tracked down to being due to having no label for Data Series. I reported this behaviour but as far as I am aware it was not investigated. The solution was to use a Label (which I did not want).
                              I expect if I removed those labels now, my setup would all go pear-shaped, unless it has been fixed 'behind the scenes'.

I then noticed that there was curious behaviour when I created DOM ATM Strategies. I would create a new one, and it would not appear in the drop down list. After a while it would appear in a drop down list of the other DOMs but not the one it was created in. After a while it would appear in the DOM in which it was created. After some considerable time it would be 'normal', respond as expected, but the behaviour reproducible if I created a new ATM Strategy.

Then, I tried to switch ATMs in the drop down menu - sloooow. So, I created a duplicate DOM Tab as a workaround, and found that doing so brought my machine to a halt for an extended period of time. After which all was good, but if I switch Tabs, sloooow...…, for a while. In summary, if I create a new ATM or switch in the Drop down or create a new DOM Tab or switch tabs, sloooow, for a while, after which all is back to normal.

I had the same with an OHL Indicator drawing horizontal lines. Same response, it's your PC, rebuild your workspace etc. Eventually fixed in R14.

Then, there were Alerts. All suddenly stopped working. An update had been pushed out that broke them all (sound familiar - think Market Analyzer labels). These were Alerts attached to indicators. Recreate them all (200). Then out came R15, broke them all. Recreate them again. Then 15.1 hot on 15's heels because of bugs in 15.

Then I added Indicators to my DOMs. Some of them didn't appear on the Ladder (sound familiar). Curious behaviour.

My Setup is currently stable. However if I do anything 'new' such as create a new chart it grinds to a halt for a while, Still, if I switch tabs in my DOMs it does this.

I've reported it, and the same response - send us your workspace and log and trace so we can investigate the problems you are having with PC Performance. I am not having problems with the performance of my PC, I am having problems with the performance of your software. Let's get that straight right now.

A loud and lengthy echoing of TraderYoda's post #19.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post elirion
                              by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes