Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello brucerobinson,

Thanks for the post.

The installation of NT8 R15.1 on my end does not produce the results that are mentioned, namely the ATM strategies not showing up or being slow, the SuperDOM issue, and missing alerts. Note that we will request log and trace files to discover runtime errors or any clues as to why the output is being produced the way that it was reported. I would need to take a closer look at your system to address the items you listed individually. Please send us an email by going to Help>Email support, and put "ATTN ChrisL" in the body of the email, with the link to this forum post as well.

I look forward to assisting further.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChrisL; 08-24-2018, 10:02 AM.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chris and thanks.
      Note that the broken (not missing) Alerts is fixed in 15.1. I included it in sympathy with what drew my attention to this thread - TraderYoda's frustration with a similar experience of time-consuming fixing broken Market Analyzer fields.

Missing were some indicators not appearing on the DOM Ladder, also now fixed.

You are welcome to look at my Log and Trace files for Runtime Errors or other clues. However you will not find any. I check them regularly as part of my 'housekeeping'.
      You are welcome to take a look at my system, and confirm the behaviour that you do not experience with your installation of 15.1. I have no idea of your configuration. I expect if I create a single workspace with one chart and a DOM I will not either.
      What I have relayed to you is the various 'curious' behaviours along the way since the very outset of beginning the process of migrating from 7 last November.

My Setup is now stable and I don't envisage any further changes at the moment. I would like to be able to switch from one ATM Strategy to another which is impractical whilst trading (basically I would have to wait several minutes before the system was usable again, by which time it may not be relevant).
      I have tried two ways - firstly the perhaps 'expected way' and most resource friendly, using drop down menu, and secondly to create a new DOM tab. The third is to create a new DOM. However this has the disadvantage that it will be always live and thus additional resource load c/w tab.

I have relayed 'what is the case'. It shouldn't be so. All these things 'along the way' 'shouldn't be so'.

I've emailed Support per your request.

Kind regards,
      Bruce
      Last edited by brucerobinson; 08-25-2018, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Just installed 8.0.16.0 64-bit and the columns label issue in the Market Analyzer that is discussed in this topic has still not been addressed. Is this ever going to be fixed? Can you guys offer any workaround???

Comment

Hello RolloHarper,

Thank you for the post. We are currently trying to reproduce this error. Could you please write an email to [email protected] so I can take a look at your setup? Please reference "ATTN ChrisL " and paste the link to this post in the body of the email.
          Thanks in advance for your patience.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChrisL; 10-17-2018, 08:05 AM.

Comment

I'm still experiencing this issue after upgrading to NT 8.0.16.0. We desperately need a fix for this! It's like trying to use a spreadsheet with multiple columns and no column labels - how would you know what you looking at!

Comment

Hello,

We have determined that this issue will happen with scripts that override the DisplayName property. Developers must handle this in their DisplayName override. You can tell if your indicator is running in a Market analyzer with this snippet:

Code:
              if (Parent is MarketAnalyzerColumnBase)
              Print("Running on a Market Analyzer");
              If the indicator is running in the Market Analyzer, return the base.DisplayName, otherwise, return the custom name. Please let me know if I can assist further.
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChrisL; 10-18-2018, 08:15 AM. Reason: formatting

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post

We have determined that this issue will happen with scripts that override the DisplayName property.
                Thank you for the response. Is it safe to assume there is not an issue when setting the "Name" property within OnStateChange() when State == State.SetDefaults ?

Just setting the default here should not cause an issue and no special handling is necessary for Market Analyzer columns, correct? Thank you

(as an aside, thank you for resolving this bug in the latest release!)

Comment

Hello neoikon,

Thanks for the reply.

The Name property is for running instances of the script and will not cause this issue.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                  3 responses
                  1 like
                  Last Post PaulMohn  
                  Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes