Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange candles. Possible bug?

Hi all,

Every time whenever I open my NT8 terminal, I realise that there's always this strange long bar as the the most recent bar. This issue isn't present on my other trading platforms and since charts are relative, this long bar also makes any other candles that develop after it look extremely small. Is anyone else facing a similar issue?

Thanks and Regards,
    Somebody
    Last edited by MrSomebody; 03-28-2020, 03:26 AM.

Hello MrSomebody,

Thank you for your post.

This is expected. Once you are connected to the Simulated Data Feed connection, the instrument will begin simulating data at the Sim feed start price value.

To manually set an instrument starting price for use with the Simulated Data Feed:
    1. Left mouse click on the Tools menu in the Control Center and select the Instrument menu item
    2. Search for the desired instrument and select it
    3. Press the edit button and set a Sim feed start price value

Here is the Simulated Data Feed Connection Help Guide to assist you further.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for getting back to me. The details in the guide weren't very clear so I wanted to ask, if I were to manually set a instrument starting price, what price should I set it to start at?

Comment

Tried manually setting the instrument starting price but am still getting the same problem. Is any other ninjatrader staff able to advise?

Comment

Hello MrSomebody,

Thank you for your post.

You would want to use a price that is close to the last traded price that shows on your chart when you're not connected to a data feed. For example, if you are not connected to a data feed and you see that the last traded price for your instrument is 100. Then you can use a number close to 100 as the Sim feed start price value. Then reconnect to the Simulated data feed.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
          Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Shawn,

Tried setting it as the last traded price but that did not remove the strange candle. After experimenting around, I found out that setting the sim feed start price as the high value of the strange candle partially works as the strange candle disappears but the new candles that form are still not entirely accurate hence, I would like to suggest that this kind of feature be removed in the future updates of NT8.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by agclub, 04-21-2024, 08:57 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by Irukandji, Today, 04:58 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Irukandji