Info Server Connection Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info Server Connection Lost

Hi, searches elude to this being a connectivity issue, for the life of me I cannot get past it and all other normal internet connectivity are fine and have been fine for ages. Yes I am new to Ninja 8 and had it working last week, just basic ES with one ema on a tic chart. Working backwards with a complete fresh install I cant update the instrument list until NT8 connects to this server,
    is-us-nt-001.ninjatrader.com/31658
    screen shot of log included. All connections to IQFeed, my broker live and paper Interactive and connection to Kinetics Free data all work fine.
    Attached Files

Hello Janfor,

Common reasons that contribute to connection instability are:
    • Distance from local computer to the connection servers
    • Connection through a mobile hotspot (high latency)
    • Connecting through Wifi (connecting wirelessly contributes to latency)
    • ISP issues
    • Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
    • Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.

To troubleshoot this, I recommend the following steps:
    • Restart your internet modem, and (if a separate device) router, and also restart the Computer
    • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder
    • If you are not already and the option is available to you, I highly recommend connecting to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable
    • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection to address: is-us-nt-001.ninjatrader.com. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end
    • If your ISP is unable to resolve the issue from there, consider looking into a Virtual Private Server (VPS) to run NinjaTrader on. This will provide a strong and uninterrupted connection to the appropriate data servers
    If questions come up, please let us know.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post funk10101  
    Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
    11 responses
    0 likes