Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Break session shifted many bars to the right

Hi,

I'm using NT8 with IB datafeed. I'm using same timezone in my computer, NT8 and TWS (Eastern Standard Time (EST), UTC -5). I'm using in NT8 US Equity ETH trading hours template.

But when I try to set a Break session Line I saw that data does not match and the vertical line is shifted many bars. I attached two screenshoots where you can see difference between IB and NT8 charts. In one screenshot I select 08:00 bar in IB, another screenshot shows same bar in NT8 and last screenshot shows NT8 bar that corresponds 20:00 previous day. And you can see the vertical line is in another bar 19:45.

I tried to reset NT8 DB but the problem persist.
    I tried also change config Break line to EOD or all Sessions.
    I debuged with a custom indicator and the same happens with indicators (a tried to draw a vertical line when date changes), the data time on each bar is correct but in the chart is printed many bars before.

Any idea of the problem?

Thank you for your help.
    Attached Files

Hello mbcmbc,

Thanks for your post.

The Trading Hours Break line is determined by NinjaTrader's Trading Hours template. US Equities ETH defines this as 8:00PM so we should expect to see the the line on the 20:00 bar.

Your screenshot of the 5 minute chart with the 20:00 bar being ahead of what we would expect to be the last bar of the session looks puzzling.

Do you see this issue after right clicking on the chart and selecting Reload All Historical Data?

Could you confirm that you see this using the current version of NinjaTrader 8 release 21.1? Link - https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

Could you confirm that you are using the version of TWS that is suggested in our Help Guide? (TWS 973.2) A link to this version of TWS can be found in our Connection Guide. Link - https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

After confirming the above, could you attach a screenshot of the Data Series window of the affected chart?

I look forward to your reply.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

thank you for your answer. It works ok!

As soon I updated to new versions on both platforms.

It must be a recent fix because I had a fresh installation from few days ago.

Thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post CactusMan  
      Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes