Reduce gaps between candles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reduce gaps between candles

I would like to reduce the gap between candles, or even better, set the gap to one (or X) pixel/s regardless of how zoomed in I am on the graph rather than being dynamic. Is there any way to do this? As you can see from the image when zoomed in on this range graph there is at least 20 pixels between each candle - waste of space!. Without this gap the amount of candles shown would be increased. Here is a good example of what I am talking about, the first screenshot is from NT8, while the other is from ThinkorSwim. The candle width is about the same between both, however ToS has a much smaller gap between candles allowing me to see more of the graph. This is what I want in NT8, I've always loved ToS candles, it would be great if I could get the same exact look on NT8, which leads me to a second question. I would like to color the wicks and candle border depending on whether a candle is green or red just like in ToS. Will all this require a custom candle type? I'm still pretty new to C#, Im sure I could figure it out but any help would be great.

Hi Perceivedshift, thanks for your post.

You can press Alt+Up/Down arrows on your keyboard to adjust the width of bars. For a candle style that changes the wick color you would need a custom chart style. All of the default chart styles are available for study through the NinjaScript editor. I found this chart style that does this already. It's not from a staff member so I'm not sure if it will work or perform well, please test it thoroughly:
    This chartstyle eliminates the need for adding a separate indicator to your chart to change the candle outline colors. Just simply click on the chartstyle menu and select 'CandleStick++' or set as the default chartstyle instead of candlesticks. * Custom outline brush. * Custom wick brush. * Custom opacity for the bar.

Please let me know if I can assist any further.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thankyou! I'll be sure to take a close look at the code it test it.

Comment

Looks great so far!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jclose
        by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM