Ib data connection won't work with iqfeed together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ib data connection won't work with iqfeed together

I followed all the instructions regarding using two simultaneous data feeds. I connected Iqfeed first then connected IB. When I do this my Forex chart will not load. I don't get an error but it just keep saying loading. If I disconnect Iqfeed it loads perfectly. I do not check tick data so that is not the issue. And as I said if Iqfeed is disconnected it updates fine.

I use Iqfeed for all my charts with no problem for years. I would like to load one Forex chart for intraday charting but I do not subscribe through Iqfeed for those real time Forex quotes. I do however get them real time on my IB account who I use to execute trades. all I am trying to do is load one forex chart and it won't do it.

Originally posted by diver View Post
    but I do not subscribe through Iqfeed for those real time Forex quotes.
    Sounds like your problem right there.

I betcha what is happening is this:
    IQFeed reports back to NT that it supports Forex so NT uses this connection when Forex data is requested. But since you're not subscribing to Forex data on IQFeed, NT receives no Forex data when it requests it, thus you see empty Forex charts.

NT support will have to confirm this.

Does everything work correctly if you simply connect to IB first and IQFeed second?

Comment

Which version of NT8 are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by bltdavid View Post
        Sounds like your problem right there.

I betcha what is happening is this:
        IQFeed reports back to NT that it supports Forex so NT uses this connection when Forex data is requested. But since you're not subscribing to Forex data on IQFeed, NT receives no Forex data when it requests it, thus you see empty Forex charts.

NT support will have to confirm this.

Does everything work correctly if you simply connect to IB first and IQFeed second?
        I am running v.8.0.15.1
        No it will not load any forex charts as long as I am connected to Iqfeed in any order. .
        Last edited by diver; 08-05-2018, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Hello diver,

Do you have any preferred connections setup in Tools > Options > Market Data > General > Preferred connections - historical / real-time?

If not, I'd like to schedule for a member of our support to call and assist during our normal support hours.
          Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email please include a link to this forum thread.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
            Hello diver,

Do you have any preferred connections setup in Tools > Options > Market Data > General > Preferred connections - historical / real-time?

If not, I'd like to schedule for a member of our support to call and assist during our normal support hours.
            Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email please include a link to this forum thread.
            used your settings and it works. did not have the forex preferred set.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post love2code2trade  
            Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post alifarahani