Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay Not working on NT8

Hi,

I am having problems with Market Replay on NT8 (v8.0.15.0 64-bit). I can download the market replay data from Kinetick without a problem... I can disconnect from my main connection and connect to Playback Connection. The Playback window comes up and I have available data for NQ 09-18 the 01/07/2018 and everything is looking fine.

Next I created a new chart with the same symbol (NQ 09-18) as the downloaded data.. The time at the start of the playback window is 01/07/2018 @ 05:00:00. On the chart the time of the last bar is 29/06/2018 @ 22:00hrs, also on the chart I have the chart trader panel open with account Playback101 showing.

I the press play button on the playback window and the chart does not play. I fast forward to 09:00hrs and the chart does not update even though the playback window is showing the time moving to my specified time... I speed up the data up x2, x3 etc and the chart still does not reflect the changes. Can someone help me to get this to work?

I have also tried resetting my database, deleting my cache, removing all workspaces and creating a new blank workspace and a new chart with do indicators and without a template.

Would it be possible to look into this for me.

cheers
    clepal
    Last edited by clepal; 08-05-2018, 10:47 AM.

Hello clepal,

Market Replay data is not available through Kinetick but is instead available from NinjaTrader's Market Replay Servers.
    (Meaning you do not need to connect to Kinetick to download Market Replay Data from NinjaTrader)

The expiry contract month must match the date that contract was trading. For NQ on Jan 1st, 2018 you would need to download NQ 03-18 which was trading on that date.

However, the most popular futures and forex instruments are recorded on our market replay server and will usually have up to 90 days worth of data available. Jan 1st would be more than 90 days ago.

If this does not provide the market replay data desired you may want to look into a 3rd party that provides market replay data for the NinjaTrader platform.

Below are publicly available links to some 3rd party services that provide market replay data for NinjaTrader. They may be others.
    The Intentional Trader aims to provide you with the new market replay data downloader NinjaTrader 8. You can download multiple days in one click and rest easy as your replay data downloads. Contact us now!

You can also workaround this by recording your chart data as Market Replay data.

You can do this by going to the NinjaTrader Control Center > Tools > Options > Data > Real-time data > enable the option for 'Record for market replay'.

You can replay Market Replay data by going to File > Connect > Market Replay Connection. For information on Market Replay please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ket_replay.htm

For videos on Market Replay please visit the following links:

How to download Replay data: http://youtu.be/a4ITAvYaV78
    How to work with Replay data: http://youtu.be/3vsqshPbRZU
    Market Replay webinar recording: http://youtu.be/yVteKZJlQ9s

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Thank you for getting back to me. First of, the date I am referring to is the 1st of June 2018 (UK time format) and as such I would need to download the NQ 09-18 contract.

This is where things start to get confusing... When I go Tools ->Historical Data --> Market Replay --> NQ 09-18 the data for date (01/07/2018) is there..

Furthermore I have tried the trial for the market replay data that you sent over and I have a list of dates showing (from the 07/05/18 - 23/05/2018) [May 2018] which I downloaded and I am still getting the same outcome i.e. the charts are not moving inline with the playback window timeframe.

Cheers

Comment

Hello clepal,

For June 1st the NQ was trading the 06-18. The NQ 09-18 was also trading but at very low volume. The rollover date to 09-18 is on June 7th, 2018.

Below is a link to a video that demonstrates downloading NQ 09-18 June 1st and playing this back in the playback.

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bsbisme, Yesterday, 02:08 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes