new chart not opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new chart not opening

I just downloaded NT8 and tried to open a new chart with 6E instrument. But when I select the instrument from the Data series window and select 6E the window does allow me to continue and instead I get a pop up that says " Error unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

We'll likely need you to write in so we can see your diagnostic files, however, we can try a few things before turning to email support in an effort to troubleshoot what you're experiencing.

To confirm you're on the latest version, what version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Did you include a contract month when selecting 6E? For example, 6E 09-18

Besides the error you've already mentioned, do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Does the platform become unresponsive? Or are you able to dismiss the message and continue to use NinjaTrader?

Could you provide a screenshot of the data series window and the error?
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
    • Click here for instructions
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    • Click here for detailed instruction

Comment

I downloaded the latest version of NT8 yesterday Aug 6. 2018. Heres a screenshot of what it looks like once I select the correct futures instrument (6E 9-18) and click on "add" ...
      When Im connected.... Its connected LIVE to CQG..

** Notice that the "OK" button at the bottom of the data series window won't let me click on it..
      Attached Files
      Last edited by joemiami; 08-06-2018, 09:01 PM. Reason: add attachment

Comment

Please follow the steps listed below to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader (your custom files and settings will not be lost):
        • If possible, copy your license key from the Control Center > Help > License Key.
        • Close all running applications.
        • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
        • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
        • Reboot your PC.
        • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.
        • http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

Once you've completed the steps above, test for the issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Javierw.ok  
        Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post bltdavid