Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to load USDCNY

Hello i am trying to load the above with FXCM demo connection
    I changed the Ninjatrader FXCM to be USD/CNY as with other currencies ie majors but cant get the data. Also tried USD/CNH also had to update instruments with the '/' symbol

Any ideas what i need to do?

thanks
    Last edited by explorer101; 08-06-2018, 03:03 PM.

Hello explorer101,

Thanks for posting to the forums!

The default symbol mapping for the US Dollar and Chinese Yuan pair would be USDCHF without the "/" and should come with real time data in the FXCM demo you are using. If you made some big changes to the instrument mapping, you could reset your instruments to get it to display using USDCHF again:

To reset your instruments, please take the steps below.

First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection

Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
    In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update

Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur

Then try to open a chart with the USDCHF symbol and see if you are able to get data while connected to the demo.

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, don't hesitate to ask.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, first of all i know you meant USDCNY and not USDCHF.

But this doesnt make a difference and error message is 'Unknown instrument USDCNY.

If what you are saying is correct why do all the Ninjatrader FXCM currency pairs listed have the '/' symbol between each 3 letter code?

Can you recheck with your colleagues on this instrument setting and availability in the FXCM demo access

thanks

Comment

Hello i appreciate there are other postings but would be good to wrap this up as i posted very early today

thanks

Comment

Hello explorer101,
          Currently USDCNY is not a supported symbol. The currency pairs within NinjaTrader do not have the / in between the pairs and will be listed as USDCNH for example. Adding the / to the pair will create an instrument that will be unsupported.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post alifarahani  
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH