32 bit to 64 bit version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32 bit to 64 bit version

Hi, I just updated NT8 and apparently I now have the 32 bit version rather than the 64 bit version.
    There was no option to choose 32 or 64, now can't see how to get the 64 bit version

Hello Tommac,

Thank you for your note.

In case of an incomplete installation, could you try a basic reinstall?

To perform a basic uninstall and reinstall:

Close NinjaTrader

Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs or Programs and Features

From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 or 8 and click Remove.

Once these steps are completed, download and install NinjaTrader from the link below:
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

Please let me know if your inquiry persists.

Comment

I have the same problem and your solution did no good ? Where is download for ver 8 64 bit ?

Comment

Originally posted by rickr View Post
        I have the same problem and your solution did no good ? Where is download for ver 8 64 bit ?
        I've never seen a separate download link for 64-bit.
        (I don't think there is one.)

A single download of a single installer always installs both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the NinjaTrader.exe executable -- at least, that's been my experience.

Comment

Hello rickr,

Thank you for your note.

The 64 bit version should be installed using the regular installer, if you are not seeing it still please write in to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com and we can schedule a remote support session to assist you further.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

I am having the same issue and the suggested fix had no apparent effect; 32bit version of Ninja8 appears to have reinstalled. Having to schedule support calls for an app that transacts monies seems a bit 1980s; more an observation than criticism based on several decades in the biz.

Comment

Hello jobewan,

The installer will install both the 32-bit version and 64-bit version binaries if the operating system is 64-bit windows and there is no corruption with the windows installer service and .net.

If the 64-bit icon is not appearing (or the bin64 folder in Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\) then there is an issue with the windows installation.
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                Hello jobewan,

The installer will install both the 32-bit version and 64-bit version binaries if the operating system is 64-bit windows and there is no corruption with the windows installer service and .net.

If the 64-bit icon is not appearing (or the bin64 folder in Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\) then there is an issue with the windows installation.
                THANK YOU! I'll check it out.

Comment

Hello,
                  I have ordered a Lenovo Flex 5G computer that runs Windows 10 on an ARM Platform. I was reading that it recommends I run 32-bit programs. Ninjatrader downloads a 32-bit version of Ninjatrader when I installed it, but I have always run the 64-bit version on my desktop computer.

Does anyone have any experience with Windows 10 on ARM or even better any experience with Ninjatrader on an ARM system?
                  "ARM stands for Advance RISC Machine or Acorn RISC Machine. It is a reduced instruction set computer. ARM Platform is widely used in mobile Devices and comes with the 32 bit technology."

Does anyone know of documentation that can explain the differences in the two versions and what difficulties I may run into running the 32 bit version?

My purpose is to take Ninjatrader with me wherever I go because I travel around the city every day. I would like to run an ATM strategy 24 hours a day and keep an eye on it in my travels and the Lenovo Flex 5G is the only laptop I have found with 5G capability.

Any recommendations?

Best Regards,
                  Joe P.

Comment

Hello Joe,

Our support is not specialized in hardware, but I don't see any reason NinjaTrader would not run on a mobile processor that is designed to run windows and has .NET 4.5 (or higher).

The 64-bit version will allow NinjaTrader 8 to fully utilize the processing capability of multiples cores of a modern day 64-bit CPU.
                    This simply means it is able to do more math at once. Also, this allows NinjaTrader to use more system memory for NinjaTrader.

So, NinjaTrader will likely run slower, will heavily utilize only half of one or two processors, and will have access to less memory when running in 32-bit architecture.

The biggest concern will be the connection. Connecting on wifi is not recommended, connecting on 5G is really not recommended. NinjaTrader is sensitive to latency and this could cause issues with data, order submissions, and cause disconnections.

I would recommend instead, running NinjaTrader on a VPS and connecting remotely from the mobile computer through Remote Desktop Connection (RDP).
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 07-29-2020, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Thank you, Chelsea,
                      I plan to dedicate this computer to running only Ninjatrader.
                      Unfortunately I live in the country and my two internet options are satellite or 4G LTE / 5G. If I am going to make trading a part of my life, I will need to try to make it work on one of these two connection options for the time being.
                      I am looking into any better connections options available, any suggestions?
                      ​​​​​​​Joe P.

Comment

Hello Joe,

I still recommend a VPS and connecting to that.

Starlink from SpaceX may become a thing someday soon. I hear it will have generally low latency.

Comment

Thank you, I will research both!
                          Joe P.

Comment

Hello,
                            I have a Lenovo Flex 5G and downloaded ninjatrader. It only runs 32 bit software. It appears that only one version of Ninjatrader downloaded when I set up the new computer. I assume the download is able to tell if the system is 32 bit and download only the 32 bit version. On my other computers (64 bit) the download included both versions. How can I tell if the version I am running on my 32 bit computer is the 32 bit version? I looked under "about" to see if the info is there, no luck.
                            Thanks,
                            Joe

Comment

Hello Joe,

In the System Information window or in the Device Information window.

Below are publicly available links found through a google search to 3rd party websites.
                              Here are the five best ways to find out the technical specifications of your computer on Windows 10.

The System Information provides a quick way get information about your system, but how you open it depends on what version of Windows you're using.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Christopher_R  
                              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                              166 responses
                              0 likes