Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT with Interactive Brokers

Hi,

I am considering to switch to NT as my trading software. My broker is Interactive Broker and I would like to stay with with them.

Before I make my final decision I have a few questions regarding the NT/IB setup:

1) I am using Renko charts for future trading (CME and Eurex). It is my understanding that the IB data feed in NT does not allow me to download historical data for Renko charts. Which data feed would I need to subscribe to and what are the monthly costs? Do I need the Mult-Broker version of NT to do that? I am a non-preofessional investor.

2) Are all he IB account information available in NT realtime? Eg. Margin, P&L, etc.

Thanks
    rainbow

Hello rainbow47,

Thank you for your interest in NinjaTrader.

It is my understanding that the IB data feed in NT does not allow me to download historical data for Renko charts.
    This is correct. Renko charts require historical tick data to backfill. The historical data servers from Interactive Brokers will provide historical one-minute data, but not tick data to build Renko charts

Which data feed would I need to subscribe to and what are the monthly costs?
    Many NinjaTrader platform users who trade with Interactive Brokers utilize Kinetick as a supplemental data provider. Kinetick will provide historical tick data going back 180 days from the current date. This will allow you to create Renko charts going back up to 180 days. Kinetick's Basic Service cost is $65/month. You can find an overview of exchange fees at the link below:
    Do I need the Mult-Broker version of NT to do that? I am a non-preofessional investor.
    Kinetick is a dedicated market data vendor, not a broker. As a result, you would only need a single broker license key to trade with Interactive Brokers while using market data from Kinetick.

Are all he IB account information available in NT realtime? Eg. Margin, P&L, etc.
    Yes, account values from Interactive Brokers will display in real-time within the NinjaTrader platform. You can find more information at the link below:Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for yor reply. May I ask you a few more questions:

I) If I sign up for NT with Interactive Brokers, can I useany data feed with this? For example CQG, IQFeed, etc?

2) In a scenario where I change my broker in the future, is it possible to change the subscription of liftime license to another broker? I am not looking to connect more than one at a time.

3) Do the lifetime subscriptions include all the updates in the future?

Thanks
      rainbow

Comment

Hello rainbow47,

1) IQFeed can also be used as a market data feed to use in conjunction with Interactive Brokers. CQG data is only available for the NinjaTrader platform if you have an account with a supported broker.

2) Yes, you can purchase a single broker license key for Interactive Brokers and then purchase a lifetime license key at a later date.

3) Yes, the lifetime license key will include all future updates to the NinjaTrader platform for no additional cost.

Comment

Thank you Christopher.

Regarding 1) Is there a list of data feeds which I can combine with Interactive Brokers using IB?

Regarding 2) Sorry, I was not clear with my question. As far as I understand it, I can choose between a Lease and Own for the NT platform. Both options require me to choose a broker or to subscribe/buy to the multi platform option. I guess the the Multi Broker option is not relevant for me as I only want to use one broker at a time. So if I go either for the Lease or Own with IB today, can I change at a later stage to a different broker and connect it to my license? Or are there any costs involved to switch or differences between Lease and Own?

Thanks
          rainbow

Comment

Hello rainbow47,

1) You would be able to utilize Kinetick, IQFeed, or eSignal as a supplemental market data provider alongside Interactive Brokers.

2) If you purchase a license key for Interactive Brokers and then move your account to another broker, we can always convert your single broker license key. There is no additional cost to convert a single broker license key from one broker to another.

Comment

Thank you very much Christoper.

One last question, is it possible to get a fee waiver for CME exchange as a non-professional investor through NT with a funded Interactive Broker margin account?
              Last edited by rainbow47; 04-02-2020, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Hello rainbow47,

The CME no longer offers a waiver, but they do offer reduced fees for non-professionals. Your account with Interactive Brokers should qualify you for the reduced non-pro fees. You can find more information about receiving non-pro CME fees through Kinetick at the following link:

Comment

Thank you Christopher

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post LawrenHom  
                  Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                  4 responses