Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apps download at User-Apps-Share site

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this.. but here goes.. I just re-formatted my hard drive and installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 with every update possible, including the new version of Windows 10 up to v1909.

When using either browser Edge or Google Chrome.. When I go to download an indicator/strategy from the User-Apps-Share Site (which i've done many times before) All I get is a spinning hour glass.. in either browser..
    I assume it's has something to do with Windows Security but I've done everything I could think of to fix the problem, including google searches to find a fix...
    I'd appreciate any help or insight to help fix the problem...

Thank Michael

Hello Mykro,

Thank you for posting to the forum today with your question.
    I wanted to test and ensure there was not a problem with the website, so I tested can confirm I was able to download multiple items from the User App Share site with success.
    This behavior sounds like it could be from a few different reasons. First as you pointed out, it could be a Windows security item, or a matter of an antivirus software or firewall that is stopping the process from completing. I would double check any firewalls or antivirus software that could be in use and ensure that you have added any needed exceptions to troubleshoot this possibility. Additionally, is it only the User App Share that you cannot download from or is your browser not allowing any downloads apart from the User App Share?
    Once you have verified that none of the above items are interfering, I would recommend the next steps to attempt and download an indicator from the site.
    • Delete your web browser’s browsing history. For further information on how to accomplish this, see your web browser’s documentation.
    • Attempt the download again.
    • If the second attempt fails, please attempt the download once more with a different browser such as firefox.
    If none of the above attempts work, perhaps consider (if possible) to try downloading from a different PC and see if you are still getting the same results.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us once more for additional support or any other NinjaTrader inquiries.

Comment

I have the same problem too

cant download from the user app share site and get a spinning hourglass and nothing happens. if i click on the screen again on the page the hourglass stops and the download page reappears like before clicking the download button

have tried in MS Edge, Pale Moon and Brave browsers

I also turned off both ad-block and MS windows security and get the same behavior from the user share app site

other download on other sites are fine
      Last edited by qewcool; 04-15-2020, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Hello qewcool,

Thank you for your post with those details.

Could you link an example of an item from the User App Share that you were unable to download, so I may test on my end to see if I can download it on my end?

Thank you in advance and I look forward to further assisting.

Comment

I cannot download any of the items in the User App Share website.

I posted the ones I wanted specifically in this post and already got them manually via NT support (see post #51 to see the ones I wanted) if you want some examples to test :

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...-scripts/page4

From the posts in that section, it is not just me but many of your users that have the same problem.

Comment

Hello qewcool,

Thank you for posting that link for reference.
            It is interesting as I was able to test and download these files from my Chrome browser with no issues.
            I see in the other post you discussed that you tried multiple different browsers and tried to change your firewall/security settings and cleared your cache to no avail.
            One final suggestion I would recommend would be to turn off your PC, turn off your modem/router for at least 30 seconds, then restart your PC. Then try to download from the user app share.
            Currently, we are still looking into this as you and other users have pointed out this behavior. However, if you are looking for a particular indicator or items from the user app share and are having trouble downloading, you may always reach out to us, and we can try to get you the files as we did in the other post referenced.

Thank you again for posting these details and please feel free to contact us for any additional NinjaTrader inquiries or questions.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_BrendanC; 04-17-2020, 12:05 PM. Reason: Added screenshot of download page successfully downloaded the indicators

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post maybeimnotrader