Sell Stop Limit Order Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sell Stop Limit Order Not Working

I am using an ATM strategy to trade 4 contracts - 3 contracts with a target of 3.5 pts and 1 contract as runner for 10 pts. With chart trader on, when I left-click on the chart and choose Sell Stop Market order, the sell order is accepted and I see the order placed. However, when I choose Sell Stop Limit order, which I preferred, the sell order does not get placed and instead, I am asked how many contracts as shown on the attached image. I'm new to Ninja Trader so I am confused why I am prompted with to specify how many contracts when I am using an ATM strategy. Am I missing any configuration to make this work. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hello renehtx,

Thank you for your post.

Stop-limit orders act as a hybrid between stop market orders and limit orders. These orders are executed at a specific price or better after a stop price is reached. This means that a trader must define a stop price as well as the limit value.

Stop-limit orders provide traders with greater control over order entry, but since there is a limit value involved, the orders are not guaranteed to be executed. While this can help traders avoid whip-saw market moves causing what’s known as slippage, it’s important to know these orders are not guaranteed to fill especially when used in exiting a trade.

A video explanation of the basic orders types can be found here:You could aslo set a default value for this box in the Chart Trader properties (right click in the Chart Trader) then find and check the box next to Predefined stop limit offset. Then enter a value that you would like to use next to "Predefined stop limit offset value". This option sets the offset the limit price is away from the stop price for entry/exit stop-limit orders.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I didn't understand the prompt I was getting was for stop limit offset. Thanks for the assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by suroot, 04-10-2017, 02:18 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post truepenny  
      Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby