Horizontal Line Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizontal Line Tool

Is it possible to paint the horizontal line tool any color after putting it on chart? Also is it possible to have two horizontal line tools of different colors on the tool bar?
    Thanks.

Hello Trader17,

Thank you for your note.

After applying a horizontal line to a chart, you can double click the line to open its properties and change the color.

Understanding drawing object properties

It is not possible to have two horizontal line tools of different colors on the tool bar. However, you could use templates to quickly load Line settings.

Understanding Drawing Object templates

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Trader17.

I had a similar requirement. I ended up adding this tool kindly provided by a fellow user in the NT 8 Addons file sharing section. Not sure if the link below will take you there directly. If not, just look for "Extendible Line".

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...catid=9&id=938

Comment

Could not open link. Does it have the ability to draw 2 different colored horizontal lines?
        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Trader17 View Post
          Could not open link.
          Try the link below and you'll see the add-on listed as the second entry on page 2 for now.
          https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...N&pp=15&page=2

Otherwise just go to the top level of this forum, and then scroll down till you see the heading "NinjaScript File Sharing". In the list of forums under that title, click "Version 8 Add-ons" to see a bunch of tools contributed by other NT users. Navigate to page 2 and you'll find the Extendable line too.

Does it have the ability to draw 2 different colored horizontal lines?
          If you mean drawing 2 lines at the same time with one mouse movement, then no; or at least not that I know of.

My understanding is that you want to draw 2 lines in different colours without having to draw each line and re-colour it using right-clicks etc. What I did is change the default colour of the built-in NT Line tool to Blue for example, and then change the default of the other tool to Green. That way, I use NT's own tool to draw one line, and then the Extendable line tool to draw the second line. No need for re-colouring since I had already configured the default for each.

That said, the Extendable line tool allows you to access saved templates by right-clicking, so you can set up a few colors/thicknesses/styles to choose from on the fly.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Only thing I noticed is the the Extendable Line Tool only draws from 2 points you specify. The Horizontal Line travels out in the future and that is what I was looking for.
            Thanks.

Comment

Only thing I noticed is the the Extendable Line Tool only draws from 2 points you specify. The Horizontal Line travels out in the future and that is what I was looking for.
              Thanks.
              Draw the line.
              Right-click, choose Extend end or Extend start depending on how you drew the line.
              Right-click again, choose colour.
              Right-click again, choose Save Template and overwrite the Default.

Just remember to straighten the line after you draw it.

Also, you can do Ctrl-C to copy and paste lines.

Comment

So it only extends out to the right?
                Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                2 responses
                1 like
                Last Post BarzTrading  
                Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM