Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strategy analyzer

Hello. Having a strange thing occur.

I am trying to backtest some strategies, but the dropdown menu doesn't offer some of the strategies. They appear when I pull them up from the NinjaScript editor, and they compile, but they don't appear among the strategies in the dropdown menu on the strategy analyzer.

I have tried to shutdown and restart a few times but that doesn't appear to work.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

Hello stewarco,

Thanks for your post.

Please view the "log" tab of the control center while you have the drop down open, do you see any errors? (What can happen is if there is a significant loading type error that the strategy would be removed from the available list, to prevent crashing the application). I doubt this is the issue but is always a good first check.

If there are no errors, then open each strategy through the NS editor. The NS editor lists the strategies by their filename, check then that the strategy "Name" field in OnStateChange's State.SetDefaults matches the filename. It is the "Name" field that would appear in the strategy drop down. It is preferable that the filename, public class name and the "name" all be the same to avoid any confusion.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks changing in the name in the defaults section appears to have done the trick

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post kempotrader  
      Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post kempotrader