Net Liquidation is Incorrect for Sim101 Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Net Liquidation is Incorrect for Sim101 Account

I'm running NinjaTrader version 8.0.21.1 64-bit, and the value it calculates for Net liquidation is incorrect. I'm referring to the value that is displayed on the Control Center Accounts tab in the Net liquidation column. The attached screen capture named "CaptureNT.PNG" shows Market Analyzer and Control Center data that I used to calculate what I believe is the correct value for Net liquidation. Note that I took this screen capture and exported the associated data after markets closed on Friday (i.e. after 4:00 PM CT on Friday, April 3, 2020), and before the futures market opened on Sunday (i.e. before 5:00 PM CT on Sunday, April 5, 2020).

NT shows $101,159.92 for Net liquidation, but I believe the correct value for Net liquidation is $100,579.96. The attached screen capture named "CaptureXL.PNG" shows the Excel calculations I made to compute this value: it's simply mark-to-market for each position, plus cash value for the account. Note that I started this simulation with an initial account value of $100,000.00, and the Total PnL for the portfolio is $579.96, so my Net liquidation result is consistent with these facts as in $100,000.00 + $579.96 = $100,579.96.

I'd appreciate any help you can provide to explain and/or correct the NT Net liquidation value; thank you.

PS: I'd be happy to share the Excel workbook showing my calculations, but I'm unable to upload it here because xls/xlsx files aren't permitted.
    Attached Files

Net Liquidation should essentially be the sum of cash value and unrealized PnL. I agree that the Net Liquidation in your screenshot seems to be counting the 'Total PnL' twice in the Net Liquidation display.

Please send me your database, log, and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
    • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
    • Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Database file'.
    • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2489576 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Hi PatrickG. I tried to use the NT Email Support method to send the files you requested, but I received the "Uploading files" error message that reads "Unable to upload attachment files to support server. Please try again later. Support request email will be sent out though: Unable to connect to the remote server." FYI I've received this same error message for quite some time now (i.e. for months) whenever I've tried to send files via Email Support. My database folder (i.e. the folder named "db") is probably too big to email, but I've zipped and emailed my log and trace folders to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com.
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 04-06-2020, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I received your email and will be following up shortly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Rapine Heihei