Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Risk-Percentage-Trading Tool/Chart-Trader

Hi.

I'm missing a risk-percentage tool for trading. The ATM strategies are nice, but they miss to enter a percentage risk trade.
    Currently it looks as if I only can put in static values of size and price. For a percentage risk approach the values of size and price need to be computed by the account size, start and stop price.

There is not such a tool in Ninjatrader 8, right? Could you please extend the ATM and Chart-Trader capabilities to allow a more dynamic order entry?

If you need some ideas on how to extend the chart trader and create the inputs for the risk/percentage calculation, have a look at tradingview and their long/short-position element - which calculates size, risk, R just by setting the start, stop and target(s).

Is there any workaround to make use of the ATM with risk/percentage somehow out there?

Best
    Carsten

Hello hiikila,

Thanks for your post.

I've linked below to a great article about Risk/Reward in NinjaTrader on a percentage basis; there's a great Drawing tool for this on charts:

NinjaTrader is a leading futures broker & trading platform provider with deep discount commissions as low as $.09 per Micro contract. Start your FREE demo powered by live data.

In terms of submitting and order based on a certain percentage, this is possible using NinjaScript Strategies, and depending on your needs, custom programming.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Marco,

thank you for the links - but there is just no connection between the drawing of the risk/percentage tool and the sizing of an ATM strategy. So it just does not help at all to get the number of contracts, shares, currencies etc.

In addition the ATM-strategies just use static size-values for their targets - but for risk based trading, it would be necessary to use percentage based size values (e.g. target 1 = 50% of contracts in use).

So - there is not much within Ninjatrader that helps using a Risk/Reward strategy in combination with ATM.

Any other ideas - or is there at least a feature planned to support risk-based trading?

Best
      Carsten

Comment

Hello Carsten,

Thank you for the followup, unfortunately ATM can not be based on a specific risk-based formula in this way out of the box.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hello.

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-420. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Comment

I am looking for the same functionality to be available in NT8. E.g. I select entry and stop prices on chart and pre-define my risk per trade is $500 and my profit strategy is 25% @ 1R, 75% @ 2R and 25% @ 2.5R. NT8 should then be able create entry order quantity ($500/(entry price - stop price)), stop order and multiple profit orders based on these predefined parameters.

Comment

Hello trader-ap,

Thanks for your post.

I'll add your vote to this feature request.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Marco View Post
                Hello trader-ap,

Thanks for your post.

I'll add your vote to this feature request.

Hello,

Do you have any update about this feature?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, there is no update at this time. When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
                  There are many factors involved in this, including but not limited to:
                  • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our product management team and myself
                  • Feasibility
                  • Developer bandwidth
                  • Current projects in the queue
                  • Economics

Customer feedback is important and we appreciate you taking your time to provide us insight on how we can improve our product.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                  7 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post yertle
                  by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                  2 responses