• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Displaying Higher Timeframe SMA on a Lower Timeframe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaying Higher Timeframe SMA on a Lower Timeframe

Is there a way to display a higher timeframe Moving Average onto a lower timeframe? I've been trying to do this withing NT, but can't find a way to do this. If anyone knows the answer on how to get this done, it would be much appreciated

Hello ksarin,

Thanks for posting.

It's possible to do this by adding a hidden data series, then having the moving average calculate from that data series. Let's say for example you wanted to plot an SMA based on a 5 minute data series on top of a 1 minute chart. This may be done using the steps below:

- Right-click within the 1 minute chart and go to Data Series

- Using the Instrument selector, add a second data series for the same instrument that's on your chart already, and set its interval to 5 minutes.

- Set the Panel property for this data series to 1, then hide it by setting its Chart style to 'Line on close' and Color to Transparent. Click OK.

- Right-click the chart and go to Indicators. Double click the SMA indicator to add it to the chart, then set its Input Series to the 5 minute data series.

I've provided a link below with more information about working with indicators:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...indicators.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This worked, thanks!! Although for some reason, my indicators that were previously on the chart disappeared after following the steps you suggested. Had to re-add them again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by nikolaalx, Today, 07:31 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post bltdavid  
      Started by HiddenPhilosopher, Today, 09:28 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post HiddenPhilosopher