Data feed is lagging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data feed is lagging

What would be causing my data feed to start lagging after a few minutes of starting up the platform? I compare to real time feed from Etrade and TOS and it starts to lag behind them almost immediately and only gets worse from there.

Hello,

This is most often caused by a script or multiple scripts creating a rendering delay on your charting.

To see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
    • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
    • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
    • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
    • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes and the offending scripts should have a noticeably longer rendering time
    You would then need to remove these scripts from your workspace to resolve the issue.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Ryan, but does not appear to be the cause of the issue. I mainly just use the DOM, so any charts I have are barebones. Utilization monitor is showing me that the "Chart Style Candlestick" has most rendering time. Only other scripts I have running on chart are stochastics and SMA. Even when I close the chart and just have DOM running the lag time remains. A setting on the DOM may be causing the lag?

Comment

Hello,

Who are you connected to for data?
        Have you confirmed with your broker the account is enabled for real time data and not delayed data?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Thanks Ryan. I use Phillip Capital with confirmed real time data. Actually thinking it might be a weak internet connection. I'm in secluded area so I am forced to use satellite. Usually no problems with this setup, but I think the satellite network has become overburdened in recent weeks because of increased usage during quarantines. This afternoon I keep getting a "connection lost" audio alert. Odd that Etrade and TOS don't have this problem, even with both running at the same time. At any rate, I think this may be the issue.

Comment

Hello,

This would likely be the cause, as a satellite connection is generally the least reliable connection type as it is connecting from space and back, so there will be severe latency in most cases. If possible I would advise using a hardwired connection instead to prevent connection losses and lagging data.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post yertle
            by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
            2 responses