Problem with Global Drawing Object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Global Drawing Object

Hello, I am having a problem with the global lines, the error message appears:

"Unhandled exception: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute."

and this another error:

"Unable to create instance of NinjaScript 'Path'. Most likely either the implementation no longer exists, there is no default constructor defined, the default constructor does not work correctly, or the 'OnStateChange' implementation for State=SetDefaults is flawed: System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException( ExceptionResource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveN extRare() at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.PathToolSegme ntContainer.CopyTo(NinjaScript ninjaScript) at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.PathTool.Copy To(NinjaScript ninjascript) at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.DrawingTool.C lone()"

And from there the global lines stop working, I need to close and open Ninjatrader again to get them working again.

Hello tff2011,

Thank you for your note.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2494658 ATTN Kate W.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
      Hello tff2011,

Thank you for your note.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2494658 ATTN Kate W.

Thank You, I just sent you the e-mail.

Comment

Hello tff2011,

Thank you for your files.

I'm seeing a number of errors throughout your log and trace files, not only with the Path drawing object but also a number of indicators giving similar errors. This looks like potentially an installation issue, so I'd like you to try a complete uninstall and reinstall. By following the directions below you will not lose any of your data.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader so we can make sure that no files from the old version's back end may be causing conflicts.
        • If possible, copy your license key from the Control Center > Help > License Key.
        • Close all running applications.
        • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
        • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
        • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
        • Reboot your PC.
        • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.
        • Once reinstalled, you will now have 2 NinjaTrader folders in your Documents, the old one and the new one. Open two file explorer windows and open the new one in one and the old one in another.
        • Drag the following items from the old folder to the new one (folders should automatically merge)
          • Config.xml and UI.xml
          • Workspaces folder (if it asks to overwrite the _Workspaces.xml file, say yes)
          • Templates folder (if it asks to overwrite anything, say no)
          • db folder (you can overwrite any files in here)
          • bin folder (do not overwrite ANY duplicate files).
        • Once complete, restart NinjaTrader. You may get a few initial errors. Open a NinjaScript Editor and run a compile, then, if no additional errors are received, restart NinjaTrader and test. If you receive additional errors, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript Editor window with the error column fully visible.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
        0 responses