Lagging Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lagging Chart

I use the bar timer in a 10s chart. I can see that whenever the 10s are finished, the bar timer stands still for a few seconds (not only 250 ms), the bar stands still, too. While the market is moving (see Superdom). I have cleared all the workingspaces, adjusted the time to internet time, removed all indicators, used the safe mode (was even worse). I have 1 Gb/s internet connection, 8 MB ram and 8 cores. I would also like to test the ping. What is the server id? I am with ninjatrader brokerage with a lifetime plan. I trade the FDAX, the exchange is the Eurex in Germany. I think your server is in Chicago. Does that mean, that the Eurex sends the data to chigago and then back to me to Europe?

The bar timer requires that a tick arrives in order to start the timer at the beginning of each bar. For example, if a 10 second bar ends and no tick is received, I would expect the bar timer to remain at zero until a tick is received and then will pick up at the appropriate time. For example, if three seconds pass before a tick is received, I would expect the bar timer to pick up with 7 seconds remaining,

Is the behavior I am describing above seem like what you're experiencing? Or are you certain ticks are being received that aren't being recognized by the chart/bar timer?

Can you elaborate on what was worse about the test in safe mode?

Also, please use the steps below to change/check your Time Zone and sync the PC clock:
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader
    • Right-click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop
    • Select Adjust date/time
    • For Windows 10 click 'Additional date, time, & regional settings' -> then click 'Set the time and date'
    • Select the 'Internet Time' tab at the top
    • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
    • If the message that appears says successful your PC clock should now be updated.
    • If not, select a different server from the Server: drop-down and try again (repeat until one of the servers is successful)
    After updating the PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader, then right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post traderqz