Renko Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renko Bar

If you have Renko bars and you do not set price to "break at end of the day" - when the market opens, it creates fake bars until they get to the opening price, so if the close price was 300 ticks away and you had 100 tick Renko bars, it draws 3 fake bars down or up to the current price, then continues to draw pars with the price from that point (WE WANT TO CHOOSE WHAT THAT FAKE VALUE IS WHEN MARKET OPENS AND DRAW BARS FROM THAT VALUE)

Hello dynamictradingbars,

Thank you for your post.

To clarify for the development team, which value are you wanting to choose? The redrawn price of the opening bar?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kate, yes we are looking at choosing a custom price value for the opening bar, not be restricted to that value being the opening tick of price for the day or restricted to the last tick of the previous day - as an example, if the Opening tick price on the NQ is 8141.00 for the day we do not want the bar to paint from that value, we would like to choose what value it is, so if we want the opening bar to paint from 8101.00 and we have a 10 tick renko bar loaded, the fake bars should paint 4 times to get to the actual price and then continue painting exactly 10 ticks every bar that forms after that. I hope that is crystal cleart.
      Thank you.

Comment

Hello TrendFollowingCapital,

Thank you for your clarification.

I have created a feature request to allow you to choose a custom price for the opening bar. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-4724.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

Hi Kate, so this has to happen on your end, there is no way an add on or something can be built to do this?
          The thing is, 90% of people would not even be able to comprehend the importance of this feature never mind request it, so I do not see it being a popular feature request.
          I need to know if there is some way it can be done without hard coding it into a platform feature?
          Thank you.

Comment

Hello TrendFollowingCapital,

Thank you for your reply.

It would be possible to create a custom BarsType that would modify the existing Renko bars type to allow you to choose the value of the open. Here's a link to our help guide that goes over BarsTypes:

BarsTypes are fairly complex, so to tackle this yourself you'd want to have a good understanding of NinjaScript. You can also contact one of our professional NinjaScript Consultants or Educators who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. Please let me know if you would like a list of professional NinjaScript Consultants or Educators who would be happy to create or modify any script at your request or assist you in learning NinjaScript.

You may also want to check our User App Share here to see if one of our users may have already created such a bar type:

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post PaulMohn  
            Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes