Trade Performance report changes depending on filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade Performance report changes depending on filters

Hello! I just started using NT8 this week and it's the first NT platform i've ever used.

I am trading with a simulation account to test some ideas and i've noticed that my performance report gets completely corrupted depending on the dates I use to filter it.
    I'm testing this strategy where I try to get at least 1 point in the Micro Mini S&P, so most of my profits should be $5, and that's what I see if I get the report from April 7 to April 9.

But when I filter the report from April 8 to April 9, the report is completely wrong, even the entry time is different!

I attach both images in this post, please let me know if you need any extra info.

Thanks in advanced!

EDIT: App version = 8.0.21.1 64-bit
    Last edited by Lucas9435; 04-09-2020, 08:46 AM.

Hi Lucas9435, thanks for your post.

Please first test the SampleMACrossover strategy at the same time frames. Do you get the same different results with that strategy? If you do not, the strategy code is causing the difference, and it would take further examination by whoever developed the strategy.

I look forward to hearing of your results.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, Chris, thank you for your quick response time!

Maybe I miss-explained myself, I am not using some coded strategy, I'm just entering and exiting the market using the tools provided by the 'Chart Trader' which I configured manually (For example: I put a buy order, when the order gets filled it sets my targets and stop losses based on fixed numbers, and that's pretty much it all it does)

Comment

Hi Lucas9435, thanks for the clarification.

I would like to test your database for myself so I can look directly at the differences you are seeing.

You can send me your database by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Database file'.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: " ATTN ChrisL 2496868"

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Mail sent, I used ATTN ChrisL 2496868 for the subject and body of the email. Thank you!

Comment

Hi Lucas9435, thanks for sending that in.

I tested your database and get the same differences. I tested myself by running two days of replay data with a strategy running, generating April 6th-7th, then generated just April 7th. I got the same amount of trades in April 7th from both reports.

I would recommend updating NinjaTrader if you are not running 8.0.21.1 by running the latest NinjaTrader 8 installer:

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

Also, reset the database back to "factory settings":
            • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via Connections > Disconnect
            • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Database Management
            • Press "Reset DB"
            • Check Historical Orders to remove historical orders
            • Check Historical Trades to remove historical trades
            • Press the "Reset" button

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

I just restarted the DB following the steps you indicated, give me a couple of days to trade and see how it goes and I will update this thread with the results. Thank you very much for all the help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post Skifree
              by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
              0 responses
              1 view