Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problem with the data and what became of typing text on a new line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with the data and what became of typing text on a new line?

I noticed today that the day's Close of CL 09-18 was different for the day bar as compared to the linebreak chart. My day-bar chart indicated that the Close for the 10th of August was 66.81 but the linebreak chart indicated that it was 66.74. Why is there this discrepancy when both charts should be using the same data? Please refer to the attached images for reference.

On a side note, I have previously asked to bring back the functionality of typing text on a new line when typing text on the chart, which was present in NT7 but was for some reason in NT8. For NT7, I could simply press "Enter" when I was typing text and I could start typing on a new line. For NT8, It is quite cumbersome to have to click on the properties of text to have to format it into new lines. I was told that my request would be forwarded to the developers but there has been no change to date. I am sure this is a minor thing to accomplish programmatically but the wait continues. Could you please let me know what became of this issue?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Linebreak charts are based on tick data. Daily charts are based on daily data and may receive a 'settlement price' update. This could potentially cause the discrepancy you're observing.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

You're correct that you cannot introduce a line break by pressing the Enter key only, however, ALT+ENTER will introduce a line break in your text tool when you initially configure it.

Comment

Thanks a lot PatrickG. ALT+ENTER did the trick.

As for my platform, the version is 8.0.15.1 64-bit and I am connected to CQG.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post Jon17
      by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
      0 responses