X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can i attach an order to a drawn trendline

can i attach an order to a drawn trendline

Hello,

You can set an alert to a drawing object which can have a condition to submit an order to accomplish this. Below is a link to how to setup this type of alert:

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there any update/workaround to being able to attach ATM Strategy order to drawn trend lines?

Comment

Hello Ymcapital

Thank you very much for your post.

At the current time, this would only be possible with a custom alert.

Examples on how to set this alert up may be found in NinjaTrader 8's HelpGuide (this is accessed by pressing F1) under Operations > Alerts > Alerts Examples.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Manfred; 09-26-2023, 05:15 PM.
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the response. Would a custom script solve that issue I guess is my question? Is it possible to build a custom drawing tool that functions in the exact same fashion as a trendline drawn on a chart, that would then also show up in the data box, and be using the plots function so that ATM Strategy orders could be attached to the trendline?

Comment

Hello Ymcapital,

To manually attach an ATM requires a plot and not using the alerts window. You would need to make an indicator for that purpose and apply it to the chart. Once you submit an atm you can right click its price marker and attach it to an indicator plot.
            JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the help Jesse. I’ll get to work on that and see where I get. What’s the reason the native drawing tool doesn’t PLOT? Should I be able to rip the guts out of the drawing tool and have Chat GPT attempt to add the plots function for me in an indicator?

Comment

Hello Ymcapital,

Drawing objects are not the same as indicators, they do not process all bars on the chart and use anchors so there is no concept of plots for those tools. Drawing objects use custom rendering to display their content.

Drawing tools are not able to be directly copied into an indicator because they work differently based on the mouse points in the chart instead of using logic to find those values. To make an indicator that is similar you would have to make logic that calculates the value based on bar processing or user input and then plot the value.

I have included our disclaimer about chatgpt below:

From our experience at this time, ChatGpt is not adequate to generate valid compilable NinjaScripts that function as the user has intentioned. We often find that the generated code will call non-existent properties and methods, use improper classes or inheritance, and may have incorrect logic. We highly encourage that you create a new NinjaScript yourself using the NinjaScript Editor.

While It would not be within our support model to correct these scripts at user request, we would be happy to provide insight for any direct specific inquiries you may have if you would like to create this script yourself. Our support is able to assist with finding resources in our help guide as well as simple examples.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request or provide one on one educational services.
                JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I agree with that statement on ChatGPT. I've worked with ChatGPT a lot and one thing that would improve its results is giving it all the documentation found on ninjatrader so that it can make better functions. I looked around but didn't find the documentation on GitHub. Since Chat GPT already has plugins for GitHub, could NT make a repopository with all documentation so that GPT could have access to all the proper syntax and coding elements for Ninjascript? I figure it wouldn't be that hard and would help a speed things up in the long run.

Comment

Did anyone succeed with this?

Comment

No, I talked to my developer and he said it would be an absolute nightmare to try and do something like this. It’s a shame it’s not easier to do.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post mattbsea  
                      Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                      6 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post RideMe