Not save Workspace (issue).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not save Workspace (issue).

Hi, I have been using Ninjatrader for a long time, this has never happened to me.

The usage windows are cleared by themselves, they are not saved, as long as I have saved them before closing the program.

It happened to me like 2 times, then I re-installed the program completely (deleting user data, delete ninjatrader documents folder, everything), I reinstalled and today the same thing happened to me again, opening Ninjatrader and the window I was using in the workspace disappeared.

I use Ninjatrader 8 long time this never happened.

Grettings and thanks.
    Restoring workspace 'Untitled'...
    Restoring workspace 'Untitled 2'...
    Using HDS (hds-us-nt-001.ninjatrader.com/31655)
    Time to auto close position='0:00:00', Enabled=False
    My FXCM: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
    Restoring workspace 'Untitled'...
    Order entry hot keys disabled
    Auto close enabled=False
    Automated trading disabled
    Auto connecting 'My FXCM'...
    My FXCM: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting
    Using IS (is-us-nt-001.ninjatrader.com/31658)
    Global simulation mode enabled
    Type=Simulation State=Verified Start Date=31-Dec-04 End Date=30-Nov-99
    Verifying license at primary server...
    Session Break (Version 8.0.21.1)
    My FXCM: Primary connection=Disconnected, Price feed=Disconnected
    My FXCM: Primary connection=Disconnecting, Price feed=Disconnecting
    Workspace Untitled saved
    Connection restored to the NinjaTrader Historical Data Server: hds-us-nt-001.ninjatrader.com
    Using HDS (hds-us-nt-002.ninjatrader.com/31655)
    Connection lost to the NinjaTrader Historical Data Server: hds-us-nt-001.ninjatrader.com
    Connection restored to the NinjaTrader Historical Data Server: hds-us-nt-001.ninjatrader.com
    Using HDS (hds-us-nt-001.ninjatrader.com/31655)
    Connection lost to the NinjaTrader Historical Data Server: hds-us-nt-001.ninjatrader.com

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

First, ensure the workspace you have open is the one that has your items saved and that they are not minimized. Hover over the NinjaTrader 8 icon on the Windows Taskbar to see if your charts are there. You can open other workspaces by going to the Control Center -> Workspaces -> Click on the workspace you want to open. If you're not sure what this list means and how to tell if a workspace is open, in view, or closed, please visit the following help guide link:

If this does not resolve the symptom, try restoring your workspace from an older save using the 'Restore workspace' feature:

Complete the following steps to use the "Restore workspace" feature:
    1. Navigate to Tools -> Database Management
    2. Select "Restore workspace"
    3. Select Restore to be directed to the location of the recovery workspaces
    4. Workspaces will be organized in folders with the same name as the workspace
    5. Double click the folder of the workspace you want to recover and then select the recovery file with the date/time that you want to recover

Below I have provided a link to the Restore Workspaces section of our help guide:

Alternately, you can restore your workspaces from a backup if you completed one recently. Complete the following steps to restore a Backup Archive:
    1. From within the Control Center window select the Tools menu. Then select the menu Import and the Backup File... menu item
    2. Select the backup archive to restore from the "Restore" file dialog window
    3. Press the "Restore" button
    4. Select the items you wish to restore

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide:

To help prevent loss, ensure to do backup regularly.

If you have no backup you may be able to restore your workspaces to an earlier version in Windows:
    1. To do this within Windows open Documents> NinjaTrader 8
    2. Right click on the Workspaces folder and select Properties
    3. See if you have the ability to restore to an earlier version
    4. If not, you will need to recreate your workspace

Ensure to always exit NinjaTrader by selecting the X at the top right of the Control Center. DO NOT right click on the NinjaTrader icon in the Windows Taskbar and select Close as Windows could close the charts/etc before asking to save your workspace, resulting in a blank workspace.

If you have an anti virus/firewall program installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to its exception list. You will need to exclude the following directories:
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8 or C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 8
    • (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8

Additionally, if you have a backup or auto backup program you will want to pause it while using NinjaTrader so it does not conflict with saving your NinjaTrader files.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Tyler View Post
      Hello,

If this does not resolve the symptom, try restoring your workspace from an older save using the 'Restore workspace' feature:

Complete the following steps to use the "Restore workspace" feature:
      1. Navigate to Tools -> Database Management
      2. Select "Restore workspace"
      3. Select Restore to be directed to the location of the recovery workspaces
      4. Workspaces will be organized in folders with the same name as the workspace
      5. Double click the folder of the workspace you want to recover and then select the recovery file with the date/time that you want to recover

Thanks

I have done that and managed to restore the workspace as it was before. Thank you.

Yes, I usually did backups of workspaces but for more than 1 year I never had a problem, so lower the frequency of the backup. Now I will do them more often.

Greetings and thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by DJ888, Yesterday, 06:09 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DJ888
      by DJ888

Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
      3 responses