Executions Printing on Chart not aligned with Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Executions Printing on Chart not aligned with Data

I have been looking around on the forums for Ghost Trades, I have found others with ghost trades but have not found anyone with these types. Does anyone know what causes this to happen during simulation testing of an Automated Strategy? I attached a picture, and I see this on Heiken Ashi and Minute bars.
    Attached Files

Hello Net_Trader,

Thanks for your post.

This issue can come up if the PC clock has become out of sync. Could you confirm if you see this issue after resyncing the PC clock? Instructions for resyncing the PC clock can be found below.

Resync PC clock:
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader
    • Right-click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop
    • Select Adjust date/time
    • For Windows 10 click 'Additional date, time, & regional settings' -> then click 'Set the time and date'
    • Select the 'Internet Time' tab at the top
    • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
    • If the message that appears says successful your PC clock should now be updated.
    • If not, select a different server from the Server: drop-down and try again (repeat until one of the servers is successful)
    After updating the PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader, then right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data.

If you still see this issue after syncing the PC clock, the next item that should be checked would be the instruments. I've included instructions for an instrument reset as well.

Instrument Reset:
    1. First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
    2. Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
    3. In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
    4. Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur

If these steps do not resolve your inquiry, could you send me a message at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com so we can work closer and take additional troubleshooting steps? Please include a link to this thread and the text "Attention Jim."

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes