Using AutoBreak even with TD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using AutoBreak even with TD

Hi All, Have a pretty specific question and was hoping for some answers. Got mixed results on a search so here it goes.

#1. When sending an ATM Order through NT connected to TD, if the ATM order has a Stop loss and a MIT target is this considered an OCO order if I dont specifically check OCO?

#2. As a follow up when the order is placed, is the stop Limit order placed as well? What happens when the say the PC shuts down, will the stop still hold?

#3. When using the auto breakeven does this change the stop on the TD side or does it simply create a simulated stop which only gets activated if price falls down?

#4. What happens when price is filled at two different levels? How does NT know to tell TD the amount of shares to stop if they are filled at separate prices.

#5. Finally If I want to completely close an order is Close the equivalent to "Flatten now " in TD?

Thanks all

Hello kyamato,

Thank you for your post.
    Glad to assist. For 1, ATM stops and targets are linked with OCO automatically without selecting OCO.

For 2, the live orders would be at the exchange or your broker depending on order state and function normally, though NinjaTrader features like ATMs would not function while disconnected. With TD, OCO is active on TD servers so will function when not connected or running. Best practice in a situations where you are not able to manage the orders would be to give your broker's Trade or Order Desk a call.

Please see the below forum post for more on Where Your Orders Reside.
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=5349

3, the live order would be changed at the exchange or broker depending on order state. I've copied the below section of our help guide for more on Order States.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...efinitions.htm

For 4, to confirm, is is regarding if an ATM order is partially filled?

5, The Close button will close and cancle orders for the currently selected position. You may also right click in an order entry window to manage positions in this manner via Flatten Everything or Cancel all Orders. See the below link for more information on these functions.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ThePositionTab

We look forward to assisting further.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_EricB; 08-14-2018, 07:26 AM.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Eric,

If I can just follow up on point #2. You said that with TD the OCO order is simulated on the PC but in the link you sent It says TD OCO orders sit on the TD server. Can you confirm which one is accurate?

For #4 yes lets assume shares are filled at 24.00 and 24.01. How does NT make sure to cancel all the shares when an order is closed

For #5. When hitting close, assuming the only ATM that is operating is the current window open is there any real difference between flatten everything and close? Also is there a way to get a Flatten everything button like the close button?

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

I've corrected my comment for 2, sorry for the oversight.

NinjaTrader will submit stops and targets on the partially filled amount, so either of these filling will cancel the other.

Yes, Close will only close the current window where the button was pressed, there isn't an option to switch the functions. Flatten everything is a more global feature, where all open positions and all working orders are canceled when used.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ghoul
        by ghoul

Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
        6 responses