Trade CFD Dax interactive broker with ninjatrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade CFD Dax interactive broker with ninjatrader

Hello, I have been simulating for a long time and I would like to buy a license and start trading CFDs to limit risk.
    Would it be possible to trade the Dax CFD index with the ninjatrader platform connected to "Interactive brokers" with the actual future volume of the Dax index?
    What would be the steps to follow from the beginning? Thanks

Hello tobal,

Yes, to trade an Interactive Brokers account you will need to lease or purchase a live license key.

Get started with our free plan to trade with discounted commissions or choose a plan upgrade to further reduce commissions on your trades.

Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
      Hello tobal,

Yes, to trade an Interactive Brokers account you will need to lease or purchase a live license key.

Get started with our free plan to trade with discounted commissions or choose a plan upgrade to further reduce commissions on your trades.

Hello,

I know I have to buy or lease a license, but my question is not that.

My questions are:

1- Can the Interactive Broker CFD DAX be operated with the ninjatrader platform?

2-if the first question is affirmative, can I operate the DAX CFD but obtaining the actual volume of the FDAX index future?

Thanks

Comment

Hello tobal,

Interactive Brokers is supported for CFDs and futures. If your account is enabled for the FDAX you can receive volume data for the FDAX.
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
          Hello tobal,

Interactive Brokers is supported for CFDs and futures. If your account is enabled for the FDAX you can receive volume data for the FDAX.
          Yesterday from [email protected] you told me that you could only trade CFDs with Forex.com and FXCM, what is the correct information? Excuse me but I don't want to do anything without having everything really clear Thanks

Comment

Hello tobal,

Thank you for your post.

Interactive Brokers, Forex.com and FXCM would be supported for Forex trading for customers outside of the United States.

CItyIndex and FXCM currently support CFDs. For more information on these two brokerages, I would suggest contacting each brokerage directly.

Please let me know if I may provide any additional clarification.
            Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ThomasC View Post
              Hello tobal,

Thank you for your post.

Interactive Brokers, Forex.com and FXCM would be supported for Forex trading for customers outside of the United States.

CItyIndex and FXCM currently support CFDs. For more information on these two brokerages, I would suggest contacting each brokerage directly.

Please let me know if I may provide any additional clarification.
              I have spoken directly with Interactive broker and they inform me that if it is possible to operate CFDs through the API on the ninjatrader platform, I do not quite understand the confusing information that they are providing me then. Is it possible to trade Interactive Broker CFDs with ninjatrader or not?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, you could trade with CFDs with interactive Brokers with this connection. You would also be able to view FDAX data with this connection. You'd need to be sure futures and CFDs are enabled for use with this connection with Interactive Brokers.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I am trying to trade EUR.USD CFD's through Interactive Brokers and NinjaTrader and I live in the UK.
                  I select the standard instrument EURUSD CFD in NinjaTrader and I do not get any realtime or historical data with IB.

I tried this last week and I was only able to get realtime data, but no historical data. Now I cannot get either.

How do I correct this so that I can get both historical and realtime data for forex CFD's with IB and NinjaTrader?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2507036 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
                    Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                    Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                    Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.
                    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

As requested, I am updating this post to let any users who run into this know that an Interactive Brokers connection on NinjaTrader will not support Stock or Forex CFDs. This connection will support Index CFDs.

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
                      Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                      16 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Leafcutter  
                      Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes