Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Demo Account

Hello,

I am trying to add my gain capital demo account to my list of ninjatrader accounts but the option to "Add Account" is grayed out. I have tried disconnecting from all data connections, and toggling the global simulation mode. The goal is to trade my demo account rather than the ninjatrader sim101 account. I have a lifetime license with ninjatrader.

Hello,

Thanks for writing in today.

You would be able to get a demo/ paper trading account to appear by connecting to the account connection directly.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to GAIN/Forex.com.

Once created, you can connect to this connection from the Control Center's Connections menu

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I already have a Forex.com connection configured for my live account and would now like to add a connection to my forex.com demo account. I want to trade my demo account during testing, then switch to run my strategy on my live account. This is preffered so that I can see exactly how my orders will be handled by my broker api, rather than the NT8 simulator.

Are you saying that I should go through the same steps to add this demo account? It seems like there can't be two configurations from the same data provider, regardless of whether they are different accounts (one live and one demo).

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

You can have more than one connections configured for the same provider, there is generally just a limitation in connecting them both at the same time.

As long as your Forex.com demo is enabled to work with NinjaTrader (this must be configured by them), then you can connect to one by disconnecting from the other first.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
        Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
        1 response
        0 likes