How can I drag the chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I drag the chart?

Hello, I like to sometimes drag the chart by holding down the mouse button on the date/time and pulling to the right in order to see price action compressed quickly, before pulling the chart back the way it was. Some of my charts allow for this, while some do not. Do you have any tips for how I can ensure all of my charts can do this?

What you're describing is one way to compress/decompress data horizontally. Here is a link with more information about navigating a chart:Can you elaborate on the differences you see between a chart that does allow this and does not allow this? Also, if possible, it may be best to provide a screenshot of a chart that's "working" and one that is not:
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

Thank you for your reply Patrick. I made this short screen capture to help describe my issue. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_YW...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Your second tab shown in the video with Volume Profiles is simply already compressed as much as it can be. Notice that you're able to decompress the data, just not compress the data further. If you remove the Volume Profile indicators, does the behavior change? Are they 'Days to load' settings identical in both tabs?

Comment

I removed the volume profile and record a short video again. Notice that I do have additional days (data) to load that I can scroll too, but I cant compress by dragging the time axis.

Comment

The bars are at maximum compression when the chart stops compressing horizontally. You can see different lengths of time because your bars are occupying different amounts of time. Notice in your videos that the 'max' time you can see on the first tab (2000 tick) on your screen is back to March 30th. On the 7000 tick chart, it starts at March 4th.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
            11 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by fernandobr, Today, 09:11 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick