Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Different data on indicator, streamming and historical.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different data on indicator, streamming and historical.

I use a ADL to spot divergence and I just realized that when i reload the data the indicator shows different values, sometimes it shows a divergence on streaming and when i reload the data, theres not divergence.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 06-20, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

*Version: 8.0.21.1 64-bit
      *Im conncected to my live futures account, CQG, yes its green.
      *Symbol: RTY 06-20, NQ 06-20
      *Chart: RTY Heiken-ashi 100 ticks, NQ Heiken-ashi 113 ticks
      *Not errors.

I was using NT7 and I stared usin NT8 because of this problem on NT7 I noticed different information on the VWAP too.
      I haavent been on the screen to see if it hapend to all the indicators on NT8, I will check today.

I tried to activate tick replay on NT8 but it was the same problem,
      Last edited by jrbeltre; 04-14-2020, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Keep in mind that there are expected differences between real-time and historical data that will be especially noticeable when using tick-based data series (which you are using). Here is a link with more information:First, I'd recommend syncing your PC clock:
        • Shutdown NinjaTrader
        • Right-click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop
        • Select Adjust date/time
        • For Windows 10 click 'Additional date, time, & regional settings' -> then click 'Set the time and date'
        • Select the 'Internet Time' tab at the top
        • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
        • If the message that appears says successful your PC clock should now be updated.
        • If not, select a different server from the Server: drop-down and try again (repeat until one of the servers is successful)
        After updating the PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader, then right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data.

Does this symptom ever occur with a time-based interval, like 5 minute (no Heiken Ashi)?

Comment

I just cheked out NQ 1 minute chart, and it didnt happend.
          After folowing the steps the problem got solved.

Thanks it worked perfect.

Is there a way to prevent this kind of problems? No one want to see a fake signal caused by a tecnical problem in the plattaform.

Comment

There is not a 'technical problem in the platform' here. If the root issue is that your PC clock was out of sync, then that was the root cause and will be prevented or heavily mitigated by the PC clock sync you just performed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
            Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB