Sticked with nonexisting custom indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticked with nonexisting custom indicator

I am developing my custom indicators. Just now, I am sticked with nonexisting indicator. It appears on list of indicator to add (despite it does not exist) but not on list of compiled indicators.
    When I need to replace an existing version of the indicator with another one, usually I am exiting Ninja , removing all my indicator code files in ....custom\indicators folder , copying my another code to this folder , invoking Ninja again , compiling the code and everything is OK. I did it hundreds of times without a problem. Any advice ?
    Version 8.0.21.1 64-bit . Thanks.

Hello xTrader1,

Thank you for your post.

I have removed your second post with the same information. We would ask that you only post once regarding the same topic as posting repeatedly each opens a new ticket in our ticketing system, which may not be worked by the same technician.

If you look in Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > bin > Custom > Indicators, do you see a file by the name of the indicator you're looking for?

It's important to keep in mind that the name displayed in the indicator list isn't necessarily the same as the file name in NinjaTrader - it's pulled from the "Name" variable within the script. I would start by double checking that the Name field in Special4_002 isn't actually Special4_001 - especially since Special4_002 does not show in your list of indicators.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry for posting twice. It seems I posted in NT7 forum instead of NT8, so I did not see it.

Everything is OK. Probably I did not pay attention to my code, I did required changes , but did not save them. Especially Description = @"Special4_001"; remained unchaged, no surprise it appeared. My "bad office day". Thank you .

BTW , another issue. Is NT8 compiling all custom code when invoked ? I payed attention , that when replacing my code , I am:
      1. Exiting NT8
      2. Replacing the code in ... \Indicators directory. (My code is without #region NinjaScript generated code).
      3. Invoking NT8 again
      4. Doing any change in my main indicator code file (for example adding space somewhere).
      5. Compiling.
      The step 4 is essential. Without it , #region NinjaScript generated code is not generated and your mechanisms do not work. It seems that without a recent code change any compilation is not done.

Do you know why ?
      May I ask you to move this thread to NT8 platform support ?
      Thanks again.

Comment

Hello xTrader1,

Thank you for your reply.

I've moved this thread to the correct forum.

NinjaTrader does an initial compile on startup, that's true; however, NinjaTrader doesn't go through and modify the scripts on startup. There is just a quick compile - it's not the same as having a script open in the Editor. Compilation within the Editor is necessary to add that section of NinjaScript Generated Code - the Editor and/or Strategy Builder are the things that actually can modify a script.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Brevo
        by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
        0 responses