Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is there a way to move Ninjatrader documents to another drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to move Ninjatrader documents to another drive?

Hi - I notice that the default location of Ninjatrader database is under C:\Users\Documents. As time goes, it's taking a lot of space in C drive. Is there a proper way I can move the documents to another drive?

Thank you!

NinjaTrader is hard-coded to install it's files to your Documents folder default location. It is not possible to change this hard-coding.

It is possible to relocate the Documents folder to a new default location which would in turn cause NinjaTrader to install/look for files in the new default location of your Documents folder. We do not have any direct steps that we advise as this is a Windows operation. With that said, I'd suggest searching the web for "how to relocate the documents folder" and you'll likely find many useful articles.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      NinjaTrader is hard-coded to install it's files to your Documents folder default location. It is not possible to change this hard-coding.

It is possible to relocate the Documents folder to a new default location which would in turn cause NinjaTrader to install/look for files in the new default location of your Documents folder. We do not have any direct steps that we advise as this is a Windows operation. With that said, I'd suggest searching the web for "how to relocate the documents folder" and you'll likely find many useful articles.
      Will this permanently change the location where Ninjatrader stores files? I just did it, but I notice that Ninjatrader immediately created another same folder in the original default location.

Comment

You'll likely need to uninstall/reinstall NinjaTrader so that it recognizes the new default location of your Documents folder:
        • Close all running applications.
        • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
        • Reboot your PC.
        • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenPhilosopher View Post
          Hi - I notice that the default location of Ninjatrader database is under C:\Users\Documents. As time goes, it's taking a lot of space in C drive. Is there a proper way I can move the documents to another drive?

Thank you!
          ref: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...irectory-howto

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
          118 responses
          1 like
          Last Post kevinenergy  
          Started by briansaul, Today, 05:31 AM
          0 responses