• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

PushPopUnbalanced Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PushPopUnbalanced Error

I am occasionally seeing a message like the following:
    Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x88990016], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_PUSH_POP_UNBALANCED/PushPopUnbalanced], Message: The push and pop calls were unbalanced. '
    When this happens, one or more charts generally freeze. Everything else is still running fine. The chart that froze just had an EMA on it. I do have a lot of custom code running and do have custom OnRender functions, but all of my code is contained within try/catch blocks and none of my code has failed. Also, I never do a push/pop, so not sure what the message is even referring to.

Seems like an internal Ninja issue. Any ideas?

This error, in general, this is an issue with chart rendering. This has several root causes. I would need more information to provide you with any details.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1956583 ATTN Patrick G
    Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have seen this error a number of times also, I am always running third party indicators on my chart,. Is it a waste of time to report errors like this to Platform support? The typical reply I get is try this with only NT standard indicators and if you still get the error report back.

this is somewhat frustrating although somewhat understandable.

I have the feeling there are still issue with NT8 platform that are causing fairly frequent lockups and freezes..( once or twice a day).

Meanwhile the third party people are "sure" it is not their code and Ninja Trader conditions make it very difficult to prove it is a platform issue.

So meanwhile I work with a buggy system hoping that one day during an update of the NT platform or the third party indicators that everything will finally work reliably

Comment

The reason you get that as a troubleshooting step is because we want to ensure that the issue is not with the core platform. Developers are given a lot of freedom to program powerful add-ons for NinjaTrader. You could consider this a blessing and a curse in some respects because, on one hand, you now have the freedom to do a lot of very interesting customization to the platform, but on the other hand, you have the ability to bring the platform to it's knees.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tallingAdd-Ons

I recommended that you always contact us via email so we can investigate each case uniquely as this type of error is just a general message about chart rendering and doesn't tell us much detail without digging further.
        Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Brillo, Today, 08:47 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Brillo
        by Brillo

Started by Gav_G, Today, 02:12 PM
        3 responses