• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trend channel prices

Today, 07:32 AM
    Hello JTizz,

Thanks for your post.

As I understand, you are posting in the Indicator Development forum because you are curious how you can develop this functionality, correct? This forum is meant for NinjaScript development, so if you are just asking about general usage and not how this functionality can be created, I would recommend positing in the Platform Technical Support forums instead.

These modifications are possible. The indicator uses its own custom rendering to draw the Trend Channel, so I would recommend adding your drawing code there.

The SampleCustomRender indicator which comes with NinjaTrader 8 describes how SharpDX rendering can be used, and you can use RenderTarget.DrawTextLayout to draw the label. We suggest referencing the documentation below while reviewing the example as there are important items to consider when using SharpDX.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._rendering.htm

Also which may be helpful, I have some code that in a Labeled Lines Drawing Tool that draws a label on the line using SharpDX. This script can give some further insight for how text can be drawn to create a label.

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...-drawing-tool/

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

We look forward to assisting.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; Today, 07:40 AM.
    Jim

The drawing tool is exactly what I was looking for but unfortunately it's not for the trend channel drawing object.

Comment

Hello JTizz,

Thanks for your question.

The Labeled Lines Drawing Tool expands the Lines Drawing Tool and allows a label to be drawn with each "Labeled Line."

The Trend Channel Drawing Tool draws it's own lines with custom rendering. To have the Trend Channel Drawing Tool display a label, a modification of that script will have to be made that adds a label along with the Drawing Tool's OnRender code.

The Drawing Tool I linked previously can be used to give some further direction on how a text box can be drawn with SharpDX for a label.

If you do not want to make these changes and have someone else make the modifications, you could consider enlisting the services of a NinjaScript Consultant who would be more than happy to provide a modified version that does what you need. If that interests you, I can have a colleague reach out with more information.

The Trend Channel Drawing Tool is open source and if a community member would like to create and share a modified version of the Trend Lines indicator, they are welcome to do so.

We also have a feature request pending to have this functionality implemented by NinjaTrader as a default. I have added a vote on your behalf and the ticket ID is SFT-3510. This is an internal number, but for anyone else wishing to have their interest tracked, please let our support staff know that you would like a vote added for this request.

Feature Request Disclaimer

We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

We look forward to assisting.
      JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Brevo
      by Brevo