Order in Cancelling State - SIM101 Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order in Cancelling State - SIM101 Account

I had a strategy that placed an order and is sitting in a Cancelling State.

I tried using the Cancel All Orders and see that command issued in the logs, but that Order still says Cancelling.
    Is this something that is a programatic issue with the Strategy, or is it somewhere else? There was an order filled
    at the same time for the same Ticker, but was filled without the Stop Loss / Profit Target set and I manually closed that
    order since that is not how it was designed. The Stop Loss and Profit Target is set right before the order is placed and
    that same strategy placed an order using the same code later in the AM and the SL/PT was set correctly.

Is this something that I need to be concerned with? If it were my Live account I would have called support when it
    first happened.

Just worndering, and will it show the same Order as Cancelling tomorrow?

Hello ATMtrader0001,

Thank you for your post.

This sounds like a "stuck" order situation in which something went wrong in the strategy (a lot of times it's an overfill situation that causes it) and the simulator basically jammed up. This only happens when using a Sim account. Generally when this occurs the Sim account will need to be reset to get rid of the order.

Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account.
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the Accounts tab
    • Right click on your simulation account and select 'Edit Account'
    • Press the "Reset" button
    Is this strategy one you created, or one that you've received from a third party? So that we can figure out the exact cause, I'd like you to send me your log and trace files.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2506377 ATTN Kate W.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I created the strategy. I reset the account as shown. That's good enough for me.

Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920  
      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes