Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demo Account issues

Hello All,
    I have had a real ***** of a time getting a demo account up and running. I hope the actual platform is worth all this mucking around. Disappointed and have not even seen a chart yet !!!!! Anyway, I have down loaded the 8 platform and was able to get it to a stage where I had a demo account with 100000 and a green dot in bottom left corner,standard demo account. From what I understand this should mean I can open charts now !! Doo doo ! Open a chart and the page opens but with no price action, ? I hope this is an easy fix. I thought it was a download issue and reinstalled. Then a cqg email advised I have exceeded my demo allowance ? After reinstall the original green dot is still there, so I suppose my original demo is still active, however no price history at all, chart screen totally blank ? Hope someone out there can help, I have been going in circles with this for about 4 hrs . I also received a demo login credentials email with user and pass from cqg which I have not been able to find out where this info goes, as I already have green dot ? please help

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2506732 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hello there. i have the same situation as man before, green button, good online conection, but nothing happans, just a black screen. and no way to turn it on. please help

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
        Please follow the same instructions as posted below:

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2506732 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.

Comment

Well it is now 3 days later. I wish I could say this is resolved !! I did as per the above email and sent in the requested info. All I got back was an email saying I have to download again. Not sure they read the original post , DID THAT !!!! Anyway I am so angry with this I am not sure I even want this fixed now. Wish I could type how I really feel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hello Morgz,

Thanks for your reply.

The email Spencer sent you did not contain any information regarding reinstalling the platform and was concise in its instructions and I will advise the same so that you can get your demo connection set up. I've linked below these instructions:

After reviewing your log and trace files I see a couple of things.

First I see that you are connecting to the Kinetick End of Day connection which only provides historical daily data.

We will want to disable the auto-connect on startup for this connection by following the steps below:
            • Navigate to the Control Center > Connections > Configure
            • Select the Kinetick -End Of Day (Free) under 'Configured'
            • Uncheck the 'Connect on start up' option
            • Click 'OK' to save the changes

Then the following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to NinjaTrader Continuum to use with your CQG demo credentials:
            Lastly, I see you are using an old expiry for the ES instrument.

Please follow these steps to roll over the expiration date of a Futures contract:
            • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Database window.
            • Left-click the ‘Rollover’ button that appears just below the table under the ‘Rollover futures instruments’ section.
            • Close this window when this process completes.

You can learn more about the different ways to rollover by visiting the link below:
            To view contract rollover, expiry dates, and other trading events click the link below.
            Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post r68cervera  
            Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes