Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIOS Update Changes Machine ID

Hello
    I have just updated my PC's BIOS and it has cause a raft of issues with NT8.
    Firstly NT8 reported that the machine ID had changed and set my full license back to demo mode. I re-entered my license and got my fully licensed version back.
    Secondly, my brokerage account connection details were lost and had to be re-entered.
    Thirdly, and most annoyingly, I have dozens of third party indicators all reporting that they are now unlicensed. I have a big job ahead of me to fix this up.

Is all of the above expected behavior when a BIOS update occurs? Do you really consider that a BIOS update should change the machine ID?

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry for the inconvenience. If your machine ID has changed, NinjaTrader 8 will automatically remove your license key, username and password, and other sensitive information. This is a purposeful security feature. This feature prevents others from being able to access your personal information simply by stealing your files and loading them onto another PC.

NinjaTrader does not control your machine ID directly. Your machine ID is generated by NinjaTrader based on your PC's fundamental hardware (like RAM, motherboard, etc.) and fundamental software (BIOS/UEFI version, Windows updates, firmware updates, etc.). If any of these items change, your machine ID is likely to change as well. There is no way to manually change your machine ID.

If your machine ID has changed and it is affecting your add-on licensing, you will need to reach out to the add-on vendors with your new machine ID.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This just happened to me also. My BIOS updated now NT8 will not open past the logo. How do you correct this? I also do not like the NT8 does this.

Comment

Hello,

Do you receive any error when logging into the splash screen? If not, please contact our support team at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so our team may investigate further.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
        10 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Leafcutter  
        Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes