Chart not live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart not live

Hi Can someone assist me. I have set up a new ES chart but it has no data no matter which connection I use. The chart shows the candle sticks but is static and not live on both the sim replays and live data. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance

Hello Grantreid,

Thank you for your post today.
    In order to get data to play you will need an active connection with data to drive the charts.
    When using the Simulated data feed, the Simulated Data Feed will continuously run and generate data once connected and drive all NinjaTrader windows however it does not back fill the charts with historical data. If your charts are not running live with the simulated data feed, I would first ensure you are using the correct expiry code for your ES chart which would be ES 06-20. If you use the ES 06-20 as the data series, do you find the chart is still inactive?

Similarly, with the Market Replay data, you must have the data downloaded previously in order to run the chart's data.
    To use the Playback Connection you will first need to have data for Market Replay. You may download replay data from the NinjaTrader server. NinjaTrader offers a limited amount of replay data of about 90 days free to download. Only the most common instruments are currently available.
    To download replay data:
    • Select the Tools menu in the Control Center, select the menu item Historical Data and select "Load" tab. Here the section "Get Market Replay data" can be expanded.
    • Select the instrument and date of the desired replay data and press the OK button to begin the download.
    Please see the following publicly available help guide page for more information: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...jaTraderServer

To start playback, first disconnect from any other connections. Connect to the Playback Connection by going to Connections > Playback Connection.

Select the time frame for the Market Replay Data you would like to view. NinjaTrader windows will only display data for instruments and times you have data available. You will especially want to ensure that the expiry codes you downloaded the data for match with what is in the chart. So for example, if you wish to play data from 04-1-20 to today, you would need to ensure you downloaded those days of the ES 06-20 and you have an ES 06-20 chart open.

I have provided a publicly available link below to our YouTube video that provides a brief overview of downloading Market Replay data, connecting to the Playback Connection, and replaying data:Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for additional NinjaTrader inquiries or if you require additional assistance with this inquiry.

Comment

Thanks I am trying this but ebven my live account is not feeding data to my charts

Comment

Hello Grantreid,

Thank you for your response.

I would like to ask a few questions, so I may further assist you.
        • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.19.1 or 8.0.?.?)
        • Who are you connected to? Or rather who is your live data provider? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
        • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
        • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
        Thank you in advance and I look forward to further assisting you.

Comment

I have the same problem, my chart won't run......

Comment

Hello GaryOz,

Thanks for the post.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2507247

Please also include the answers to the following questions:
            • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 06-21, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
            • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
            • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
            We look forward to resolving your inquiry.

Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Melissa, thanks for your reply, I resolved the issue...it was a connection issue on my end.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred