Metastock Data İmport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metastock Data İmport

Hello I am trying to import Metastock data to NinjaTrader 8 program. Loading log data. However, 60 minutes and 5 minutes of data are not loaded.

Importing data only has three forms - tick, minute, and day. From these fundamental data types, all intervals and bar types are then built by NinjaTrader. A 5 or 60 minute bar would be built from the underlying minute data. Here is a link with more information about importing historical data into NinjaTrader:With that in mind, I am not quite sure that I understand what you mean when you say " 60 minutes and 5 minutes of data are not loaded". Can you elaborate further on what you're seeing in the log? What is the exact message?

Could you attach the Metastock data file you're using to import into NinjaTrader?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      Importing data only has three forms - tick, minute, and day. From these fundamental data types, all intervals and bar types are then built by NinjaTrader. A 5 or 60 minute bar would be built from the underlying minute data. Here is a link with more information about importing historical data into NinjaTrader:With that in mind, I am not quite sure that I understand what you mean when you say " 60 minutes and 5 minutes of data are not loaded". Can you elaborate further on what you're seeing in the log? What is the exact message?

Could you attach the Metastock data file you're using to import into NinjaTrader?
      You are really fast. First of all thank you for that.

Now, if I come to my problem, I can pull the Turkish Stock Exchange data for 5 minutes, 60 minutes and daily in the data provider. I can seamlessly export daily data to NinjaTrader 8. But when I transfer the 5 minute and 60 minute data. I get a message like 0 data was transferred. I am adding screenshots related to the problem.

Not: I share the 5/60 minutes I tried to upload and the daily data I uploaded as a success here. All data belong to the same instrument and the same time frames.

Attached Files
      Last edited by sabankaradeniz; 04-16-2020, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Are you able to import 1 minute data from Metastock? This should then allow you to build any minute-based chart in NinjaTrader.

Comment

The data transfer program I use allows only 5 minutes 60 minutes and daily data transfer.

I have one more question, the program I use automatically updates the data. Will NinjaTrader 8 be updated on the chart at the same time? Or do I need to import again each time?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by sabankaradeniz; 04-16-2020, 02:21 PM.

Comment

NinjaTrader expects minute data to be in one minute lines of information, so I don't believe the 5 or 60 minute data you have access to will be compatible with NinjaTrader.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
              NinjaTrader expects minute data to be in one minute lines of information, so I don't believe the 5 or 60 minute data you have access to will be compatible with NinjaTrader.
              I see.

I have one more question, the program I use automatically updates the data. Will NinjaTrader 8 be updated on the chart at the same time? Or do I need to import again each time?

Comment

NinjaTrader will only update real-time or historical data in 'real time' from a supported data provider. Here is a link with more information about supported data providers:You would need to import the historical data to update your current available data in NinjaTrader without a connection as mentioned above.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post hazylizard  
                Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post geddyisodin