Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accidently closed Strategies Tab - Strategies still running

Hi
    I had a strategy running on the SIM 101 account, I inadvertently closed the Strategies Tab. I thought, no problem, Ill make a new strategies tab and start fresh. The old strategy continued to run (and take trades - as seen in the Orders + Executions Tabs) and I can't figure out how to restore the original (Stategies Tab) so that I can disable/remove the old ones. Thoughts?

Hello 604kevin,

Thank you for the post.

You should be able to click the Plus sign in the tab strip to generate a new strategy tab, did you do that?

When the tab opened, was the strategy present in the list or missing?

The easiest way to start over would be to restart the platform, that will disable the strategy. I would still like to better understand what happened in case something is not working correctly.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did so, so there were no strategies showing in the strategies tab, yet the 'old' strategy took a trade in the background.

Edit - I should add that now every time I open NT, there is an Error that says 'Unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
      Last edited by 604kevin; 04-16-2020, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Hello 604kevin,

I would suggest to try doing the following steps to check if this resolves the error:
        1. Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via Control Center > Connections > Disconnect
        2. From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Database Management
        3. Click on 'Repair DB'
        4. Press the "Repair" button
        5. Restart the platform

If you still see the error, try closing all workspaces and restart the platform.

Can you try these steps and let me know the result?

Comment

I did so. It still came up with the Error ('Unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object")

Will see if if still makes Strategy Trades (with no strategy running)

Thanks

Comment

Hello 604kevin,

If you have restarted the platform the strategy will be disabled so it should no longer be trading. The error could be caused by a bad database, you can additionally try the following to check if that is the case. If this does not help in resolving the error I would suggest to email your log and trace files into platformsupport[at]ninjatrader.com I will provide steps on how to do this with the platform below.
            1. Shutdown NinjaTrader
            2. Open your Documents folder--> NinjaTrader 8--> db--> and look for "NinjaTrader.sdf" file (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows File Explorer settings)
            3. Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename"
            4. *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.sdf"
            5. Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use

Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - Trading Hours templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results

If that doesn't help you can undo this process. Exit the platform and delete the NinjaTrader.sdf, and then rename OLDNinjaTrader.sdf to NijnaTrader.sdf to restore the old database.

To send the logs:
            1. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.
            2. Ensure to check 'Database file' and ' Log and trace files'.
            3. Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2507643

Comment

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks again!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post alifarahani  
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM