Message in my Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message in my Log

Please see screenshot. Is there a way I can see what is generating this message. My NT8 is freezing sometimes and this is the only message showing in my log now. I used to have some other messages. But, I have resolved those. I didn't know if this message is something I should be concerned with and if I should look for the cause.
    Attached Files

Based on the message, it seems like an add-on (an indicator or strategy) is attempting to draw objects on your charts and is reusing object names. Do you have any add-ons active that draw objects on your charts automatically?

Comment

Yes I do. Is there a possibility that this is causing my NT8 to freeze? How do I identify which indicator is actually causing this? Do I just have to remove the ones I think it might be and then add them back?

Comment

Unless the indicator is specifically named in the messages you see in your log, it would not be possible to identify the culprit without some further diagnosis. The method you suggest is one way,

In general, reducing the complexity of your workspace is going to mitigate performance issues. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:Some other ways to identify add-ons that could be causing performance issues would be to see what add-ons appear at the top of the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
        • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
        • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
        • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
        • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes then analyze the results
        Items being on this list is not an inherently bad thing. You can learn more about how to utilize this tool here:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post cls71
        by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
        3 responses