Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Un-sync chart panels

Hi,

In the chart screenshot below the top panel is daily and bottom is 5-minute. They are synced in date-time, making huge bar spacing in the daily bars. How to un-sync them? Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chart.png
Views:	345
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	1094933
    Attached Files

Hello digibob,

Thanks for your post.

I am not aware of any means to show two (or more) data series in the same chart window, each with their own time scale.

While thinking through some options (beside two charts or two tabs), you might want to change the "chart style" on the daily bars from Candlestick to Box type and set the bar colors to be transparent but setting the outlines of the box red/green for the bar direction and then overlaying them.

I've attached an example.

Name:	digibob-1.PNG
Views:	286
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	1094942

I will create a feature request asking for the ability to use different time bases in the same chart window. This does not mean that the feature request will be implemented but does provide program management with user input to determine feasibility and interest. Once I have the feature request i will update this thread with that information.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Paul, thanks for the reply. The box bar type suggestion, though creative, is not what I need. Having the ability to show two chart panels with their time scales un-synced is rather basic. In fact you expect and need it to be un-synced more than you do synced.

It's the default in other platforms.

I look forward to this getting implemented in NT.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello digibob,

Thanks for your reply.

In NinjaTrader, different time bases are handled by using different chart windows. Chart windows can be resized as needed. I've attached an example that is similar to your original post with a daily chart above a 5 minute chart.

Name:	digibob-2.PNG
Views:	325
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1095102

Comment

Hi Paul. I appreciate your efforts to help. My aim is to have a window with four charts: 1-minute, 5-minute, 15-minute and daily. I would like to be able to quickly switch between this one window and other windows I am using. In your example with separate windows it would require 4 clicks to bring back focus to all charts. Make that 8 clicks if you count the clicking on the NT icon in the Windows task bar.

So I reiterate the wish to be able to setup chart panels in the same window with their time scales un-synced.

Kind regards.

Comment

Originally posted by digibob View Post
            My aim is to have a window with four charts: 1-minute, 5-minute, 15-minute and daily. I would like to be able to quickly switch between...

With Paul's suggestion of multiple charts (1/5/15/D)
            and adding multiple Tabs for each desired Instrument..

This ecosystem add-on would provide you single click change..

Search trading apps & services to cusomize your NinjaTrader platform with trading indicators, signals and strategies.

-=Edge=-
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

@Edge It look cool except it costs $150. I'm reluctant to pay for what in my view should be a basic feature of the platform. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Hello digibob,

Your vote has been added to the feature request identified as SFT-580, "Create a unique time axis for individual chart panels". Your comments and this thread are now tied with that existing feature request.

Feature Request Disclaimer.
                We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing.
                When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.
                Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 06-23-2020, 02:23 PM. Reason: corrected SFT wording.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                1 response
                0 likes